The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing a 911

Guest nilpoints

Guest nilpoints

I'm not normally one for racing other cars but I seem to have raced and beated a 911. The issue is not how great I am but how did I do it.

I came off a slip road yesterday and turned left on to a single carriageway at about 20mph (sharp turn off a mini slip road). A 911 was coming over the flyover and was about 30 yards behind. For some reason I felt he was going to go for me so I floored it. The road was deserted and is straight and raised (no pavements - well out of town) for about 1 mile before ending at a roundabout. He consistently fell further behind (as opposed to falling behind quickly and catching up), ending up some 100+ yards behind me. I am fairly sure he was trying as i was 120 plus when I eased off to prepare for the roundabout and he must have been 110 mph plus.

I couldn't see what type of 911 it was but it was one with the boxter eyes. It was certainly a 911 as I saw the back and side of it as he turned left at the roundabout and I turned right.

Obviously the 911 was not a turbo but how can my stock TT aero-top have done this even to an NA 911? The road was damp (his TC perhaps?), very slightly downhill (extra weight?) or was it just poor driving/use of gears on his part.

Just seems odd to me. I thought he would have been all over me.

you'll see lots of "done a 911" threads on here.

there are loads of different types of 911, some good, some shite but never under estimate the supra once it gets going there isn't much that can match it. :eyebrows:

also most 911 owners are old men going through the mid life crisis and thus are shite drivers - well thats my thoughts anyways.

Guest nilpoints

My god. Did I have a typo in my message?! What a terrible mistake. I don't think it's happened before on this board. I must remember to never post again in case I commit such a monstrous error.

Beating an N/A 911 in straight-line acceleration is fairly trivial in a BPU motor and I'd say there probably isn't too much in it between a stock motor and a 4wd N/A.

do you think i would out perform a c4 and c4s?

cause my mates just bought one!

Not well up on the different models, but I found a C4S to be quite easy and my spec is similar to yours. What boost is your restrictor-ring limiting you to?

its running at 1 bar at present, sometimes a little over with the weather as it is!

its running at 1 bar at present, sometimes a little over with the weather as it is!

So that prolly puts you at around 360bhp ish. I reckon a run of the mill C4S would be easy at motorway speeds. I wouldn't bother in this sort of weather though! Oh yeah, and those nasty coppas ;)