The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Same bloody questions!

Scoboblio

The questions that nearly EVERY person asks when they find out you've got a supra - The bits after are what I feel like saying, but out of politeness never do;

"I bet that goes fast doesn't it?" No mate, it's a 3 litre straight 6 twin turbo but it can't outrun a milk float :stickpoke

"What's the insurance like on that then?" Oh, £2.50. What do you think, it's a sports car!

"How fast does it go?" Well, if I push the pedal on the right it can go... well, very fast.

"A supra? Isn't that like a subraru?" Yeah, except it's rear wheel drive, a coupe and not based on a rally car.

Sorry for the rant, I know people are just being polite, but it's getting a bit repetitive being so damn popular :p

How fast? (pick a number??)

0-60 time? (I dunno, im not in top gear!)

Has it got N2O? (im not in F+F)

How much was it? (none of your business)

Lets see it go then (No)

Lets see a burn out (No)

Bet that uses fuel (yeah and I dont care)

I dont like it (I dont care)

Whats the piont? (youll never know you dreary fcuker)

:D

Lets see it go then (No)

Lets see a burn out (No)

:clap:

oh blimey ive been asked the subaru thing! a guy at work pretended to know everything about the 'supra' but after i let him waffle for about 5 mins it was like 'no mate your talking about a subaru, this is totally different'. hes never asked about it since!

What about when you're washing your car "You're gonna make it rain!"

Every time!!!:complain:

Or a neighbour walks past and asks “Fancy doing mine while your at it?”

“Only if I can shag your wife when you're at work” should be my witty response but sadly all my neighbours wives got beaten to shit with the ugly stick!

>>>How fast?

very

>>>0-60 time?

too fast to measure

>>>Has it got N2O?

not tonight

>>>How much was it?

was a gift

>>>Lets see it go then

why?

>>>Bet that uses fuel

safe bet

>>>I dont like it

that is sad, depressing news

>>>Whats the piont?

you ask the questions, you should know if there is a point

The one I dislike the most is " My( insert relationship) has got a Celica as well!" Had this a few times. I was thinking about replying "No different car mate, this was the prototype for the Yaris"

Slightly off topic, but my favourite overheard comment , was in response to a little boys question to his dad as the were along side the car. The kids is going nuts at the car and says to his dad, " Hey dad look at that, what car is it? ( Dad has not got a bleeding clue) Walks past with out saying a word snatches a quick glance backward and sees the badge and knowledgeably says "It a Supra son"

Lets see it go then (No)

Lets see a burn out (No)

Yeah that's about right, I always get asked if it's got nos for some reason, and when I say no they ask if I'm gonna get it.

and the 0-60, to which I have to explain that it's a GT cruiser, the speed of the thing is more noticeable from a rolling start and the 0-60 time tends to give a very modest impression of the cars performance.......... oh and it's less than 5 seconds!

LOL! good thread :D

Iv had so many people say to me "whats the point having a car that fast? u cant use it anywhere" :ecstatic: Grrrrrrr!

When i told my mum i was getting a supra i turned up at her house and she said "thats not like the blue rally cars on tv" :ecstatic: Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Also was filling up at the station the other day and there were a bunch of kids looking as i went in to pay i hear one of them saying "Wow nice car with the spoiler and everything" the other kid said "yeah its a BMW" felt like putting him in the boot and teach him a lesson! "DONT U EVER CALL THIS CAR A BMW EVER AGAIN!" :tomato: :ecstatic: Grrrrrrr!

First question I'm ALWAYS asked is "Is it a twin turbo?". Used to really annoy me when I had the NA.

Last funny question I had was "Who did your spray job? What colour is it?" - Erm... Toyota and Royal Sapphire Pearl.

"My had one of these once. Celica isn't it?" - Aarrgh!

My favourite one was when i was chatting to a mate in a car park and these kids rolled up in a Nova about 20 yards away with windows down. Heard one say "Rar! Skyline!". Then another shouts "Nah, thats not a Skyline. Thats a Mitsubishi". Bless em. :p

A girl i was getting friendly to saw a picture of the car and called me a chavvy boy-racer. When asked why she replied "Cos you've got alloy wheels and a stupid big spoiler on the back. It dont make it go faster you know!". I held back my frustration and tried to explain that the spoiler was standard on the car and NEVER, EVER call me a boy-racer again!!" :swear:

I had a tesco car park insult...

Dad and son walk past as I'm getting in the car,

Son : wow look at that dad....

Dad : Oh - its only one of those toyotas...

Me : ( watches as he heads over to his car... and gets in a Ford Probe.... and smiled inside :yes: )

Wasn't even worth getting upset about - just felt sorry for the little boy!

Or a neighbour walks past and asks “Fancy doing mine while your at it?”

“Only if I can shag your wife when you're at work” should be my witty response but sadly all my neighbours wives got beaten to shit with the ugly stick!

Having a seriously bad day and didn't think I was going to crack a smile............I was wrong:clap:

First question I'm ALWAYS asked is "Is it a twin turbo?". Used to really annoy me when I had the NA.

Last funny question I had was "Who did your spray job? What colour is it?" - Erm... Toyota and Royal Sapphire Pearl.

"My had one of these once. Celica isn't it?" - Aarrgh!

Yep, I've also had the "Is it a twin turbo mate" question. Grrrrrr!!!

For which I say; Nope it's an N/A MATE. Then they just walk away with disappointment?? :shrug:

Still, it was great when they got back in there 1.6L Family Ford and I got back in to my:

MUCH QUICKER, NON-BAD LOOKING AND ALSO USED AS AN EVERYDAY 3.0L 24V SUPRA FAMILY CAR THAT DOES'NT LOOK LIKE EVERY OTHER F%CKER ON THE ROAD ;) :rlol:

SO THERE :nyah: