The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im bpu

ADD

congrats on going bpu fella, i went bpu myself a while ago, the difference is amazing:ecstatic: as for the air leak it could be several things, do you have a boost guage fitted, if so are you loosing boost pressure? not too good on the tech side but help will be along soon.,

Dont worry about it every supra boosts to slightly different levels, at least you're not going over 1.2 bar :)

Mine peaked at 1bar when I went BPU in April this year, and now peaks at 1.2 bar every now and again with the cold weather.

I can pull low 13s 1/4 miles all day with 1 bar boost, so you definately wont be slow mate :)

Add, i've also just gone BPU and am only making just under 1 bar (see rolling road thread in meets section, just posted up my graphs) this is with a CW 1.2 restrictor ring. I was advised on the day to possibly make the hole a little larger. My question is how much larger to make it? But as your hearing an air leak, your issue may be a little different.

Add, i've also just gone BPU and am only making just under 1 bar (see rolling road thread in meets section, just posted up my graphs) this is with a CW 1.2 restrictor ring. I was advised on the day to possibly make the hole a little larger. My question is how much larger to make it? But as your hearing an air leak, your issue may be a little different.

its starting to annoy me now cause i'm clearly losing power through it!

The standard wiffbitz double 2.5" SS de-cat and supplied restrictor (excellent VFM BTW) on my car raised the boost from around .9 to ~1.2ish without any fiddling. I already had the cat-back. But, I didn't see this increased boost until I reset the ECU properly, before that it was around 1 bar and holding back a lot, different car once the ECU was reset and it re-learnt. Induction kit makes a roar that might be mistaken for a leak, you running the standard air box? have you reset the ECU? Got the right plugs?

congrats btw for going BPU, transforms the car, I'm loving it also :D just need more traction on these cold days!

The standard wiffbitz double 2.5" SS de-cat and supplied restrictor (excellent VFM BTW) on my car raised the boost from around .9 to ~1.2ish without any fiddling. I already had the cat-back. But, I didn't see this increased boost until I reset the ECU properly, before that it was around 1 bar and holding back a lot, different car once the ECU was reset and it re-learnt. Induction kit makes a roar that might be mistaken for a leak, you running the standard air box? have you reset the ECU? Got the right plugs?

dont think the ecu was reset, it was all fitted up at wiffbitz! i have standard air box (apparently the better) denso ik24's plugs and walbro pump/filter! how do you reset

When i had my decat fitted, i removed EFI Fuse 1 (was a green 30amp fuse) Upon starting the car i expected it to struggle to start and splutter a bit for a second while it learnt the new settings. But it didnt, it just started fine as usual. So i was thinking that perhaps it didnt reset anything. Which is perhaps why i'm not making as much boost as i was thinking i would after doing this. Or, i simply do need to take a couple of mm's out of the restrictor ring.

Christian

..Upon starting the car i expected it to struggle to start and splutter a bit for a second while it learnt the new settings...

The Supra ECU is of excellent quality, it won't struggle or hunt at all, especially if you have stock injectors fitted. It just runs a bit richer for a while, and it might ping once or twice under full throttle if you're BPU. It soons finds the optimal settings and runs like clockwork.

I've been through this with Motronic, and while it was flexible and nice, the supra ECU is just in a different league.

Remember to reset both FI fuses. 30 seconds are enough.

after my double decat with no ring i'm struggling to get 1 bar - been told this is very odd but with the help of a boost controller i upped it to 1.2 without any probs.

i'm still trying to find a leak though:shrug:

Very strange indeed! What size are your decats? aftermarket back box?

Not sure if a leaky Boost pressure tank causes problems with only turbo 2 coming online or loosing boost too.

Have you tried it in True Twin mode - this will eliminate problems with the VSV's

I recommend Thor for this sort of diagnostic work.

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but, if i fitted a boost controller would i be able to up the boost even through the ring is in there. Would the ring prevent it from going up. Just curious

Yes Christian, Boost controller can up the boost from whatever the car is currently making. You can't go below what it's currently making though.

Mines makes 1 bar without the boost controller.

Cheers, Ro