The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon Fibre Replacement dash

Guest trackday addict

Guest trackday addict

Hi Guys,

Am currently stripping the gunnels out of my Skyline at the mo & preparing it for drag racing next year.

Wanted to look at every single area in terms of weight & decided to make a few bits not readily available. Have just completed making a complete replacement carbon fibre dash :clap: . Weight of the new dash is 2.1 kgs compared to the 7.8kgs of the std dash.

The dash is pre preg, autoclave etc, finish is awesome & looks the dogs danglies. One of my mates popped over the other day who has a supra & now wants one :sly: .

I would need at least 8 people interested before going to the hassle of making a mould & tooling up etc - any interest :ok:

Costs would be in the region of £800 for unlaquered or £850 laquered.

Please see link below for the first 2 pics I have taken - can put more detailed ones up next week when fitted.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y288/041068/

Am just about to make a complete set of doors (approx total weight saving around 30 kgs & other weird bits too) - can be contacted on [email protected]

Cheers

John

Guest trackday addict

Thanks guys :)

Really thinking hard about doing a shit load of work over the next few months & getting a stand at jap fest. Would look to show samples of the following below to guage interest - what do yo reckon ?

A/ Easy bits - engine covers, exhaust shrouds (fit on rear bumper)

B/ Interior bits - dash, door cards, interior trim

C/ External - front wings, maybe front splitters

Will gauge interest at the show

Although I've not actually removed my dash before...I would imagine there are LOTS of fastener points and mounting holes etc that need to be copied. Is this achieved correctly for a proper fit?

Like in the Supra you've got glove box fitments etc..

Guest trackday addict
These are already available for a RHD Supra.

The photos are not for the Supra version but give you an idea.

Now yes it looks good but not really a proper dash :eyebrows:

Im looking to do a complete replacement dash - as in all 100% carbon as i have done for the skyline. Yes it will fit 100% properly & would be at least 2 or 3 test fits to ensure all fixing points are spot on etc.

There are a couple of negative trade offs

A/ would be simpler for me to produce if the glovebox went ie/ smooth

B/ no air bag

Will put a pic up when in & will make a supra one for japfest - is anyone up for the idea of being a guinea pig :trophy: would need their dash to use as a mould & they can have a complete replacement in carbon at a low low price:faint:

It's the kind of thing i feel quite passionate about - ie/ either do it properly or not at all & I think to do it properly you need to make a 100% replacement to loose weight & really look good,

First one who wants to be a guinea pig let me know.

Cheers

John

• 2 years later...
It looks like john bradshaws really quick drag skyline gtst if im not mistaken.

It does to me, too. Saw it at a drag race meeting at some Godforsaken hole last year or the year before I think. The panel fit was excellent, so good I bought a pair of carbon doors from the same moulder John used.

I might be interested in being a "guinea pig". Couple of things:

# I have a weld in roll cage (dash is cut)

# I have no gear surround

I would also need to check the Time Attack rules, as states should have a dash, although a couple of cars were running this year with no dash.