The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Get your club name on number plate

Dragonball

Not wishing to dampen anyones bonfire, but the only stuff allowed on a plate is the Vehicle Registration Mark and the makers name and postcode of the plate. Anything else COULD land you with a rectification notice. Just thought i'd point that out.

:sorry:

Kill joy. ;)

Not wishing to dampen anyones bonfire, but the only stuff allowed on a plate is the Vehicle Registration Mark and the makers name and postcode of the plate. Anything else COULD land you with a rectification notice. Just thought i'd point that out.

Don't care. At least this one's the right size. :(

I don't want to start an argument about this Doug, but do you know the reasoning behind these restrictions? I remember reading about this and thinking how completely OTT it is. Surely if it's "safe" to have a random garage's name and number under your plate then other text is safe too.

If it gives the police an advantage in fighting crime I could understand it.....

I don't want to start an argument about this Doug, but do you know the reasoning behind these restrictions? I remember reading about this and thinking how completely OTT it is. Surely if it's "safe" to have a random garage's name and number under your plate then other text is safe too.

TBH I haven't got a clue. Its to do with the DVLA and probably automatic number plate reading technology. The font has to be standardised (for ANPR technology) and the makers name and either postcode or address has to be on there because they're liable as well if the plate does not conform to regs. I think that in order to get a plate made up now you must produce the V5 and either your driving licence or other acceptable form of photgraphic ID to get the plate made.

I think that in order to get a plate made up now you must produce the V5 and either your driving licence or other acceptable form of photgraphic ID to get the plate made.

Or get it made up as a reflective SIGN :yes: ( that just looks like a number plate:no: :looney: )

C1/Doug, you're right. Reg plate makers now need to put their details on the plate too. Some are more discreet than others.

I've been tempted many a time to have some new plates made up, but got put off with companies requesting that I send my V5 & insurance details to them before they can make them.

While we're on the subject, can anyone give a definitive measurement/standard size for the J-spec front rectangular plate?

You lot make me spend so much money :whistle: