The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, thats the first dangerous part of winter

supra-alex

out of the way. The second part will be jan, feb when we get snow, ice and sludge ?

we've had sum casualties but i hope everyone has bouncebackability ready for round 2 !!! its tough being a supra owner i am now finding this out especiall reading, seeing people write off their dream machines :faint:

I hope the gods are smiling on us :violin: otherwise its gonna hit my wallet like a great white hitting hits prey............

god, i hope im still here come march. good luck men.

This is my first Winter with a car. Can someone kindly explain why Winter is such an issue with car owners. I understand the ice and sludge but it it something to do with car tyres not being so responsive in the cold?
Yeah that's basically it Em. Cold tyres on a cold road give very poor grip, especially on high powered rear wheel drive cars like ours. Also the cold air actually makes turbo cars produce more power than they do usually, obviously this doesn't help grip either.

ive had fun in the gt4 the last 2 weeks on the ice and snow:eyebrows: the joys of 4x4:nyah: big jap style drifts around my place of work and a bit of sideways rally driving on the country roads:looney: dont no wat im gona do next year when i have a supra:faint:

i understand its great if your not living/driving in a built up area ? but when your driving down side streets in the am to get to work where there is only a few feet between you and a parked car, it can be a little nervous in the ice !!! when just a little slide means curtains......:(

unfortunately i dont have a run around. :swear:

My scariest moment in my supra was watching it slide off after I got out of it in my work car park after I shut the door. I had to leg it off round the other side of the car and get between it and the car parked in the slot over from it. Roads that are gritted aren't too bad but all the residential roads round here don't get done, Quite a lot of carparks don't get done, and several of the ruralish roads I have to drive on to get to work don't get done. Uber scary when you just can't keep the car going in a straight line even at 5 mph.

I'm sorry, I just can't be bothered to type all this out again.:taped:

Stay off the fcuking throttle and be easy on the braking and you'll be fine

All of this " I went round a corner at 10 mph in the wet and the back end just went" is bollox :devil:

Unless you encounter ice, if you drive sensibly you'll be OK.

If you're actually in the ice, then pray to the God of your choice

If you drive like a cnut in the bad weather, and we all do it, me included at times ;), then may the God of your choice have mercy upon you :D

Well said, if you drive with next to no throttle and really carefully and dont hit ice you'll be fine.

However, i as many others cannot help myself....hence the reason why i now have RLTC and my god its amazing.

Find i am so much more confident in the car. Just got to make sure im still careful!!!

I'm sorry, I just can't be bothered to type all this out again.:taped:

Stay off the fcuking throttle and be easy on the braking and you'll be fine

All of this " I went round a corner at 10 mph in the wet and the back end just went" is bollox :devil:

Unless you encounter ice, if you drive sensibly you'll be OK.

If you're actually in the ice, then pray to the God of your choice

If you drive like a cnut in the bad weather, and we all do it, me included at times ;), then may the God of your choice have mercy upon you :D

OK explain to me how the closest I ever came to crashing my supe was when I wasn't even sitting in it?????