The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock Auto Box BHP

terribleturner

Just did a search and came back with 5-510, but 550 is good too. Cheers Rob, if i was that way inclined i'd give you a big sloppy kiss :p

dont worry i'll get one off sabrina sometime :eek: :whistle:....so whens the next london meet i need a few months notice to get the car up and running

Guest Flat4_ire
dont worry i'll get one off sabrina sometime :eek: :whistle:....so whens the next london meet i need a few months notice to get the car up and running
theres a guy here sellin a 630bhp auto???

probably read my comments in that thread,

if not, i have run my auto box all summer with an extra fan and cooler installed. My car dynoed 620 flywheel and the gearbox seems to be holding up just fine.

The oil is very clean and unburnt when i change it. I Dont pull fuses and i dont brake boost. ive treated my autobox with lots of respect over the summer and it has returned the favour.

I did have it taken apart and had all new seals, clutch packs etc before it was used for this amount of power.

HTH

Scott

Strange, everytime i mention i had that done someone asks how much it cost me :D

Anyways, i paid £500 (cash) to have it done. I would consider that cheap seeing as they also pulled my TC apart and checked that. But at the time we were having an E-type auto box rebuilt so we got a good deal for the two.

Sorry to veer off topic but how do you find your 4000 stall lee?

Im told its the best mod ever for an auto supra?????? Im considering 3800.

i couldnt tell you its still on my bits waiting to go on list:( its still sat in the garage. i'll probably get and fit it over the xmas break

May PM you when i get a little closer for a little advise

No worries

about £1200. or am i way off?

About £650-£750 for a higher stalled TC. Not sure about a stock one but imagine its cheaper than a High stall.

i'll probably get and fit it over the xmas break

I have all bits for 6speed swap at home. still concidering going for another summer on the auto with high stall though.

No worries

About £650-£750 for a higher stalled TC. Not sure about a stock one but imagine its cheaper than a High stall.

I have all bits for 6speed swap at home. still concidering going for another summer on the auto with high stall though.

i keep considering the 6 speed swap too. the main thing putting me off is the transmission tunnel modification

I am running ~500bhp (BL T61 cast manifold) and at full chat my autobox slips on changing, not a lot but noticable over stock.

It can only go one way from here! :(

I would say if you are planning to go over 500bhp (and raise the torque doing so ;) ) either pray you are one of the lucky few with a strong box or budget for an uprated one soon.

Also the stock TC is crap for good starts with a single.

The trans tunnel is the only tricky part about the conversion as far as im concerned.

Im not too worried about it though. I have a full trans tunnel cut from a 6speed. but the thing that helps is you can put bolts in the handbrake section to line it up before sealing it all in. this way you know its spot on!

I want to try and make it reversable as well so i want to find a way of removing the manual section and putting the auto section back (in an ideal world anyway)