The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car is back!!! But...wiggles!

whitesupratt

Hi peeps, I finaly picked my car today! All is well, looks brilliant. :clap: BUT...

Its had a new front passenger wishbone, brand new! And this may not be related! and/or i could be imagining it, and the car has been tracked etc. but sometimes, not all the time, it slightly feels like its 'wiggling'.

As if someone is really minimaly, and slowly moving the steering back and forth, only a tiny bit! The bodyshop did the tracking, so not sure how good they are at that (they are major crash repairers tho) , Iv just checked all the tyre pressures, they are spot on now!

Any ideas? maybe someone, i or they havnt picked up on something that i damaged when i crashed, or is the tracking not too good? any idead wuld be cool! :help:

Did you replace the track rod ends and have all bushes been fully checked? It does sound like there's a suspension or steering fault somewhere.

Are you still going to the Surrey rolling road meet on Sunday? There should be a few very experienced people there, I'm sure someone will be able to take a look at it for you then.

How much did you pay for the wishbone and ball joint it come's all in one i was told.I was quoted £200 is that right.

Dave, I can get you one a LOT cheaper than that from here, if you email me (see link in sig) I'll send you details.

as far as im aware, it just had new wishbone and ball joint, and tracking done! Its not the wet, and its not all the time! its particulaly bad when i hit bumps at potholes, instead of the car bumping up and down, it skips about side to side. as if you were rocking a table that the legs were lose on!

I should be going on sunday still, maybe now just to even see if someone there can feel what it is! I wondered maybe its because one corner has a nice to wishbone, the other, still an old sloppy one. could this be it maybe?

I paid £168+VAT

if they only replaced one side, you may be noticeing some movement in the bushes on the side they did not replace. Suspension components should ALWAYS be changed as pairs. You probably dont want to hear this after what you've just spent,but it might be worth replacing the other wishbone before you bother checking the geometry again.