The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JEM's New Canvess

Green Peace

Just came back from visiting Jem...for a couple of parts I needed to order!

Spoke to Gary Holland (the MD)

hes just bought a Green Supra (so i will have to kill him now as cant have two Green supras in the same area:no: )

Oh the other bad news is it hasn't got a spoiler!:(

He has promised a new approach, dedicated facilities for tuning, discounts/lower charges and even talking about a rolling road!

They have always been good to me and looked after my cars very well and I have been going to Jem (on and off) for 4 years!

Hes planning some spectacular mods with his new supra so watch this space!

Si

:rolleyes:

how is gary? still bald? i wonder if he still thinks heat from a supra engine bay can crack a fibre glass bonnet. Sorry si if i keep on JEM's back but i guess its who you are and who you know rather than any old jap car owner just walking in and geting the same treatment you get si. I hope they have changed.

how is gary? still bald? i wonder if he still thinks heat from a supra engine bay can crack a fibre glass bonnet. Sorry si if i keep on JEM's back but i guess its who you are and who you know rather than any old jap car owner just walking in and geting the same treatment you get si. I hope they have changed.

Yep I know how you feel about this..i spoke to Gary Holland today about this, Forgive me if I am misqouting him but his answer was this: he said when you bought it in you had only just had it painted, I was told the abflug bonnet you had wasn't a genuine one also..he told me he had considered offering to rget it resprayed for you but he said if he had offered to respray it as a good will gesture they would A. be admitting responsibility and B. they werent convinced the qaulity of the bonnet would withstand a repaint as the cracks were due to heat rather then physical damage! he wasn't convinced it was thier doing after tests etc, the mold texture and the paint on the bonnet was poorly done, and the cracks were due to paint not taking well...there was nothing physical that could of been done by his mechanics to cause this

I am only qouting what i believe to be the jist of what he said so i apologise if i have misqouted him..theres obviously two sides to every story and i'm not saying i believe him any more than you..but he was very firm and with a direct honest disposition..so sounded quite convincing...but like i say two sides...and in most cases customer should always be right....

I guess this is not going to go away...and I certainly know what this feels like as you know...I think a lot of people in business think 'ahh ok my customer is not happy..had a few words..and now lets get back to business' well we both know it dosn't quite work that way...the ends have to be tied up and sorted out...Its Like Leon JPS and me and more recently Paul Whiffen...it dosn't go away when I have paid money for something that dosn't work and has to be binned..or money for work that wasn't done....a whole appears in the pocket and needs to be restitched...otherwise the whole stays forever...these people need to understand this!

Also reputations get tarnished at meets and gatherings regardless if people dont post up on here..reputation is everything these days..without a good reputation you may as well throw in the towel!

Any way...My experience with JEM has always been good so far..but yeah if I was in your shoes it would be different...but again two sides to the story!:help:

yea Si there is two sides to every story and yup he said at first he would repaint it but i told him once that kinda of damage had been caused the cracks would eventually come back. The bonnet was fine for two months before i took it to him for an MOT and yes it wasent an original, but so what? most people with fibreglass bonnets dont have the original. Now he paid for a fibre glass engineer to come out and take a look and he reported that the damaged was caused by pressure around the bonnet pins. Now im not being funny but i went up to luton twice in the car and the car had a good long drive on the motorway and there was no cracking or stress crack around the bonnet pins. It was obvious that you needed to take care when closeing the bonnet as if you did press down to hard it would crack, the same with any fibreglass bonet, you cant close it like the stock one. Gary tried to worm his way out of reponsablitly everyway he could, first it was heat from the engine bay then the bonnet quality was rubbish. Now if anyone else out there with a fibreglass bonnet has had cracks caused by engine bay heat then i'll say sorry but i cant see for the life of me how that would happen. There was no paint flaking where the cracks were and the inside didnt look 'melted' so i cant see how he did that damage.

ask garrry how much it is for fitting a HKS turbo timer then i'll tell you what they told me. I think they have a poor set of mechanics who have too many smart comments and they drive customers cars about like they are toys.

TBH i would love to put this story to bed and im sorry for hijacking your thread Si.

No I dont blame you for being upset and you are not hijacking...it would be better if he came on here and addressed your problems!

Its a difficult situation..you took your car for an MOT..left it there (I guess) and picked it up with some damage to the bonnet pins..and front of the bonnet...Id be pissed off too and i would blame them also (if this is how it happened and no real reason to doubt you).

Their version is different as it would be obviously coz you are not a happy bunny!:(

I know some have had various problems with the qaulity and durability of some aftermarket bodykits (which is why i have always decieded against taking the chance of buying them.)

JEM have the potential of being a really useful facility for Supra owners in the South East, great facilities, Laser alignment, offering to reduce charges in line with competition, MD who is a Supra owner and has been for a few years, great customer service (obviously not in your case!) Supra friendly ramps, coffee, Internet, Japanese staff, good parts facility, (authorised HKS dealer shortly) and possibly a rolling road one day and other tuning toys to follow.

But their potential market (which is us) holds a disaster story close to its heart..but only one (i think) so this surely still needs to be ironed out...I can see how there has been a misunderstanding..and the best way forward even though it has been a long time is if some sort of compromise was reached as a good will gesture regardless of who was wrong or right..that would surely gain maximum respect!..as there is a bad smell still

If this was the case..what would you like them to do not saying they would agree..but just saying if they did)..bare in mind neither of you are in the wrong as far as you are both concerned so we would be talking 'Compromise' here!????

Si

could do with a cheap 4 wheel alignment and tracking done, i dont hold my breathe but would be nice, although i would ideally want them to replace the bonnet for charlie if he hasent got a replacemnt but i know that wont happen.... i'd still rather take my car up to phoenix anyday.

although sam was helpful when i was there last, i must say.

could do with a cheap 4 wheel alignment and tracking done, i dont hold my breathe but would be nice, although i would ideally want them to replace the bonnet for charlie.

:eek: I didn't realise he did Charlie:faint:

Im going to try talk to him tommorow..I think your request is a resonable one...yeah Sams a good bloke...hope some agreement is reached...i dont mean to stick my nose in but you are part of the community and I feel bad for you that you feel this way.so I'll talk to him tommorow and see what they say...

I know they want to target Supra owners in the future with top qaulity and this gesture would be a great start...I'll do my best!

Si

After hearing Rob's problems with them there's no f*cking way i'd take my car there. If one customer comes away having experienced that sort of attitude there is little chance any sensible club member would risk the same treatment.

Don't care what you say in their defence, but the fact is they messed about with someone from this club. They shouldn't expect future business from here.

I just think the way they dealt with my case was really bad and left me needing to pay for charlie to get a new bonnet, i wouldnt blame people from being worried to leave their cars there, ive seen how they drove a cutomers RX7 and lexus IS300 import around into their bays, revving them up and down in the sainsburys car park.

Just came back from visiting Jem...for a couple of parts I needed to order!

They have always been good to me and looked after my cars very well

Compare and contrast:

04-Jun-2005[/url]]Since Jem have been divorced from Jemca..they seem to have gone right down hill and seem to make their money out of pulling the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting older folk, its become so easy for them (bless) that they seem to forget that some of us have our faculties and do tend to notice when things go tits up rather than tits droopy. :complain:

Dont let em get away with it

I just think the way they dealt with my case was really bad and left me needing to pay for charlie to get a new bonnet, i wouldnt blame people from being worried to leave their cars there, ive seen how they drove a cutomers RX7 and lexus IS300 import around into their bays, revving them up and down in the sainsburys car park.

Maybe Gary wasn't aware of the way the mechanics were driving customers cars!

Have to say i actually encouraged one of the mechanics to rake mine and he drove it too carefully he he (South African chap not sure of his name) but it was to diagnose a problem i had some time ago!

As I say they have the potential to be a centre of excellence and Homer's comment above reflects what effect this can have on future business, so I will send him a link to the board tommorow as this kind of feedback is surely useful to him if he is proposing to be a Quality Tuning shop in the future!

We are a community (these days) that sticks together and shares experiences both good and bad! and as said in most cases the customer is always considered to be the the one with the truthful version!:yes:

The facilities there are excellent but obviously a few odd ends to be tied up and if he gets to read this maybe it will be helpful in some respects!

Garry comes on this forum because he told me he saw my first thread i posted up ages back about the damage. I made garrry aware of how his employee's drive as one of them dropped my car home and went past me in a 30 at around 60mph and nearly side swipped a lorry, but garry has been made aware of this so no more needs to be said.

Si, ive got an idea mate, i know gary reads theses threads so dont mention to him anything about cheap wheel alignment or tracking im sure most members on here wont care as gary needed to be TOLD that their customer serivce was poor rather than them know this in the first place, let gary read the threads and just try to improve in the future,hopefully he will see that the supra community dont like to be ripped off and take cases like my seriously, I wouldnt feel safe leaving my car there just for the fact ive complained about them in public so you never know what might leak next..... i do appriciate the concern though Si just dont want any more members to have any hassle.

Compare and contrast:

Well I replied to you Jake and ended up ressurecting the whole original thread by accident so theres a reply on that one for you ooooppps:whistle:

In Summery...thats how I actually felt at the time and It was justified...I have noticed some major improvements which is why the title is called 'New Canvess'

I have been to Jem on and off for 4 years, and before that a further four years with Jemca...when Sam worked there!

Sam is a familier face from the days when I owned my UK Supra in the late 90's and remember that there wasn't the choices of places to take a Supra that there is now!

I did decide to stop going there...but they have made a huge effort to win customers back...the skelatons in their closet are obviously still there and as i say need to be dealt with!

The thread that Jake qouted from is a good example of how customer relations can blow hot and cold!

As I say fantastic premises, great facilities, good potential to be the best in the future...but obviously a few creases to be ironed out!

and of course we are a huge community on here but also a very close knit one..so addressing problems and concerns from potential and past customers would be a good start..I will send him a link to this thread tommorow!

So hope Gary finds all this useful:yu:

Edit: PMSL at Jake yeah but i honestly did not shag Monica Lewinsky;)