The mkiv Supra Owners Club

you get what you pay for

suprasport

yeh yeh, told you so.:yes: i know, stop gloating.:no:

got leather seats back today, not good at all fronts are ok, but handles are crap just taken leather off to re-do myself, very bumpy and lumpy bit of foam were torn out when removing old leather where glued but then just covered over. rear seats have a design in the back that dont line up from seats to back rest, not enough leather to go down sides, and not fastened under fixing of back rest, all leather baggy but not really bad, so will be taking them back tomorrow.:(

not much in the way of pics,

but what do you think as an overall colour scheme etc.

carpets are painted on :rolleyes:

If the job was a good un I would really like the colour scheme. Unfortunately, this really does emphasis the old adage that you get what you pay for. They were cheap for a reason eh?

i agree but cannot understand someone making a mess of something to this degree when its there business and what would have taken an extra 10% at most of time spent to get it right, if that makes sense

would have expected this of joe blogs from the pub doing it on the side.

Ouch!

Obviously you didn't see them in the flesh before buying them. Was it an eBay job?

thats the annoying part went to see him 6 months ago and saw a couple of cars he was working on and they looked good.

I was gonna say you have a heater attached to the passenger door, but then i looked again

thats what i like about this forum, theres allways some idiot to brighten up the day and put a smile on your face :D :D

OK those door handles take the piss. Thats just slap dash that is. But to put it into perspective the materials alone for my front, back, and door cards cost more than £700. Time is money and all but if the guy can do better work than that which it sounds like he can then he should have said that £700 would get you the job you have there but to do it like his other work it would cost more if thats the way he plays things. If he has mislead you into beleiving that the job would be as good as his display items for the price he quoted and you paid then really he has no excuse as to why its not as good as the display work.

But yes in a few words of wisdom you do get what you pay for I'm afraid. Its very rare these days to get a real bargain.

OK those door handles take the piss. Thats just slap dash that is. But to put it into perspective the materials alone for my front, back, and door cards cost more than £700. Time is money and all but if the guy can do better work than that which it sounds like he can then he should have said that £700 would get you the job you have there but to do it like his other work it would cost more if thats the way he plays things. If he has mislead you into beleiving that the job would be as good as his display items for the price he quoted and you paid then really he has no excuse as to why its not as good as the display work.

But yes in a few words of wisdom you do get what you pay for I'm afraid. Its very rare these days to get a real bargain.

to be honest i thought that the saving was coming from the quality of leather, which i was willing to accept, as i chose it, and was happy with it.

which brings me to something i forgot about, went to a lot of trouble to match the colour, and he has used a different blue so its bolloxed everything up. :faint:

Sorry it's turned out like this. Contact him and get him to correct everything, give him the impression that loads of work may come his way from this site and then he'll be more willing to do the work and set a good example.

I actually want mine done but wouldn't touch him with a barge pole having seen this:(

Good luck (it's still £700 and although less than the going rate the guy is selling a service that he is not capable of providing and that's not on:no: )

Paul