The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My rads cracked

johnd-mkiv

The top part of my rad near the neck had a long crack in it, some c@*t has bodged it with body filler. I have done a temp repair on it, but really need a new one!

whats my best bet? uprated rad or an oem rad? who and where can I get one and what sort of price will I be looking at for one?

cheers

john d

Perhaps you could contact Steve Manley, as mentioned in other threads of CJ. (Toyota dealer doing good prices for members here)

It would be interesting to know what sort of price he can do for the rad --- might go for one myself in the future

IIRC correctly Steve does them for around £220 ish inclusive.

Yep, I found that a Koyo aluminium rad (about 3 times thicker than the OEM one and with proper welded on metal end tanks) with 2x SPAL fans was only slightly more expensive than a new OEM rad from Toyota!

Much better off uprating the rad if you already run more power or plan to run more.

Brian.

Yep, I found that a Koyo aluminium rad (about 3 times thicker than the OEM one and with proper welded on metal end tanks) with 2x SPAL fans was only slightly more expensive than a new OEM rad from Toyota!

Much better off uprating the rad if you already run more power or plan to run more.

Brian.

Where did you get the Koyo rad from?

• 1 year later...
You can get all the bits to refurb your radiator from Mr T, see attached pic

Bumping this thread today :)

How much is the top bit (part 16441 in the pic) from Toyota and what is involved in fitting it?

Is it easy to swap the top bit of the radiator?

I can do OE type rads at a great price for cash. e-mail me for prices if interested. Correct core thickness (NOT an N/A rad) with or without auto cooler (which works great as a PAS cooler on a manual car if you buy the auto rad....) repairing an old rad is a mugs game, IMO. I may have a very low age / mileage auto UK rad coming in soon, it's having an aftermarket one fitted, against my advice :)