The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have I got Jap or UK spec brakes?

edd_t

Going on from this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=50556

my rear calipers look nothing like those of Nicks friends, and look much more like Rajinder's...

So does this mean i have UK breaks? :) or have I just got a different style Jap caliper or something! :(

edit: should probably be in technical sorry... and sorry for being so stupid and not knowing!

yeh i have a feeling my Tein suspension isnt standard as well.

Teins were never a standard option?

Best thing to do would be to post pics of the car, wheels/brakes, suspension, engine bay, etc. and we can identify your spec for you.

ok here are my brakes! taken in the dark, with the wheels on, havnt been washed! but you should get the idea.

front

http://www.blackdevilcar.co.uk/images/front.jpg

rear

http://www.blackdevilcar.co.uk/images/rear.jpg

so, UK or Jap???

and yup i know i need to paint them :)

and well i guess my suspension isnt standard then!

ok here are my brakes! taken in the dark, with the wheels on, havnt been washed! but you should get the idea.

so, UK or Jap???

and yup i know i need to paint them :)

and well i guess my suspension isnt standard then!

J-spec front (2 pot), UK spec rear (2 pot) I think judging by the caliper but need a front on shot of the whole disc to see size (does the rear disc look bigger than the front?). If this is the case it is an odd combination and will give you odd front/rear brake balance.

sounds like im half way there then. i'll look at taking the wheels off at the weekend to get some decent pics. get a definitive answer.

that is a weird setup, maybe the Jap dude that sold it before it got imported over here ran out of money!

sounds like im half way there then. i'll look at taking the wheels off at the weekend to get some decent pics. get a definitive answer.

that is a weird setup, maybe the Jap dude that sold it before it got imported over here ran out of money!

Edd, I have a price list of all the larger spec brake components, if you want a copy send me an email at the link in my sig.