The mkiv Supra Owners Club

questions from holland

Guest Marc1985

Guest Marc1985

hello

i am marc and just have a few questions, i want to buy a supra mk4 but here in holland they cost 35.000 euro thats about 42.000 USD or 24.000 pounds. thats because they never released in holland, I tried looking in england to import one the prices there are real low. but almost all the cars are bad (thats what i heard) . So here is my question what does a supra cost in the US ? or a good car in england ? it doesn't have to be a twin turbo or a single turbo. just a good car with no problems ..

i don't know where all you guys are from but all the help is welcome

sorry for my bad english ..i'm dutch :p

thanks

marc

All modified cars need work on them...but that doesn't make them "bad".

UK Supra's tend to have high milage but that doesn't make them "bad".

If you want left Hand Drive a Supra from the US will cost $35000 + shipping.

Mines £14500GBP's and I'm in Norfolk (as close to Holland as the UK gets) it's 1998 spec and it's a single turbo. It works but could always do with something else to make it better....

Guest Marc1985

ok thanks

but i saw them on autotrader.co.uk for about 6000 pounds (non turbo)

i mean those cant be good ..and how about parts ?

thanks for your answer

NA's arn't in the main desirable and we have imported too many for the market size.

Basically it's suply and demand, there is an over supply - so no you can't decide via the price. These cars are even cheaper in Japan. It's the US that over values them...cause the market is huge and there's only a handful.

Welcome to the site :)

£6k should get you a decent NA. Its the £6k TT ones you need to be careful of!

Why not take a look at the for sale section within the forum, these are all members cars so most will have a known history and known by other members.

Guest Marc1985

ok thanks ill have a look at that :)

i have a lot of questions ..so thanks

here are a few more

so a "good" supra non turbo thats kosts about 6000 pounds is posible ..

and is there enough space under the hood for a turbo if i want one in a few years saving ?

You need to test some and make decision on what you want. Also need to consider resale value etc. Are the dutch into the modding scene, if yes (which im pretty sure is right) then go for a modded one. There are some great ones out there... Take a look at Terry S and Alex's for single turbo's. If your looking for stock then there are loads available. Have a look at Hecklers Website for a buying guide. Good luck

ok thanks ill have a look at that :)

i have a lot of questions ..so thanks

here are a few more

so a "good" supra non turbo thats kosts about 6000 pounds is posible ..

and is there enough space under the hood for a turbo if i want one in a few years saving ?

Yep there's space in an NA for a turbo, have a search for Bromy - he's a member on here who has a very tidy looking NA-T :)

Hi Marc,

I'm English, but working in Breda and I've had my Supra over here for a year now. You can buy spares from any Toyota garage, they're obviously not in stock but they can order them for you.

I think the main problem with the Netherlands is the import tax on the car (not to mention tax in general !!). If you buy one in the UK then you'll have to pay import tax, get it through the ABK etc.

Do you know Arnout? He's in Haarlem and probably the best guy to speak to about Supras here. He does a lot of tuning work and knows a lot of people in the business and might be able to help import one for you. I think most are imported from Germany.

Drop him a mail on: [email protected]

Jspec - Think we missed the window on the top speed run this year, the roads are lethal at the moment and the weather has taken a serious turn for the worse :(

Yeah, you're right Nick. I was out of the country for a bit as well and my supra isn't quite ready. I've got the whole dash torn out right now fitting the TSD and 320 kmh gauge. Still haven't sorted the code 42 fault either and that means very light steering which I don't like at high speeds. Good news though, I just had my wheels refurbed and there's new rubber on em. Say, I was at the Nurburgring today. Weather was really sh*t though, so I didn't get to drive it. I'm only an hour and fifteen minutes from my driveway to the entrance. We should make a trip when the weather gets better. I'm considering going down for the Formula 1 race in May also. You game?