The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japanese Auto Show - Billing, 14,15,16 July 2006

michael

Billing is back!

14th, 15th and 16th of July will see the return of the Japanese Auto Show at Billing.

More details to follow but to date it promises....

The JAS event will follow the same format as our established Auto events to include: Trade Stands, Firework Display, Fast Food, Huge Marquee with full Sound & Lighting to include full Bar facility, DJ & a live performance by 'Status Clone' (Quo Tribute Band) on Saturday evening

They are staging it on the same weekend as ' The All Ford Rally' although both will be independent events in their own right & on separate Fields so that both can enjoy their individual status.

This is intended as a Temporary measure in the hope that enough support for future JAS event's at the Aquadrome can be allocated it's own weekend for 2007 and on.

Spread the word and ensure it's a success....

looks quite nice from up there !!! looks like a big event then...

It probably won't be that busy this year due to the JAE moving venues but it only takes a handful of like-minded fools, some drink, a BBQ and a bit of banter to make an event. (How ironic that I'm a miserable antisocial recluse then!)

Some pics from 2001 > 2005 - this year was at Peterborough though:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/jae2001

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/jae2002

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/jae2003

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/jae2004

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/jae2005

Hopefully it will get popular again without attracting the undesirable element :)

you realise im loving this, northampton becoming the home of the supra !!!! what a claim.....apart from footy, rugby, cricket, silverstone now we have a top uk jap show !!

a good race for you lot wud be get on the A45 then A43 towards M1 go up the M1 for 1 junction then u come back down the A45 again towards sixfields, awesome run, do i with me mate in his M3 from time to time.......:devil:

• 7 months later...
Guest CoolsBlue

im going as a member of the public...so how much is it to pay to get in per person? or is it free? i remember an american car show being free...but this one?

Sorry guys, there is a reason it was moved to east of England Showground last year.

Not enough space for all attendees.

Billing cannot cope with the success of JAE. Last year was the first at Peterborough, this year does look to be better than last.

This year Billing is having it before hoping people will get it wrong and go to their event, leaving no money for the following week at JAE.

But you pay's your money and takes your choice.

Sorry guys, there is a reason it was moved to east of England Showground last year.

Yes, money makes the world go round ;)

Not enough space for all attendees.

There was, and still is, plenty of room for a show like the JAE at Billing if it's organised properly.

Billing cannot cope with the success of JAE. Last year was the first at Peterborough, this year does look to be better than last.

It's still a dull venue and smells of dog shit.

This year Billing is having it before hoping people will get it wrong and go to their event, leaving no money for the following week at JAE.

LOL! It's not as if it costs £100 to get in :)

But you pay's your money and takes your choice.

Indeed you do... it's just a shame that the club doesn't feel like it can get behind both events and has to put one of them down constantly ;)

There was, and still is, plenty of room for a show like the JAE at Billing if it's organised properly.

just wanted to pick up on this point, there was enough room for the cars but if you remember the camping went totally up the spout at the last Billing JAE. People were camping fields away and all the decent camping spaces were taken by about 5pm on the Friday. Fine for those coming on 1 day only, but if you wanted to camp it for the weekend you had no chance of being near people you knew.

I agree Billing is a nicer place to be and the times we spent there as a club were great but the event did outgrow the venue.

If Billing was a month before hand and not just a week then we could put more time towards it. JAE is our biggest event and its where we are putting a lot of events funds so we have to focus on that one and get as many cars along to it as possible.

I may still nip along to Billing this year just to see how its going and whether its better than last year but my supra wont be on the road by then so I will be in the family wagon.

JB