The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate my supra

Robert

ok guys, ive had about enough of this car now, i mean i love the idea of having a supra but damn this car is taking the P***, ive had so much go wrong and need fixing i cant take anymore.

*exhaust crumbling to bits,

*handbrake shoe part breaking,

*brake pads gone after 50 miles,

*induction kit falling off,

*air filter full of crap,

*silicone on FMIC pipe cracking,

*front springs gone,

*MAF getting dirty after induction kit fell off

*rear springs gone,

*rear shocks gone

*front shocks gone,

*avc-r not working right,

*upper rad pipe leaking,

*lower rad pipe leaking,

*heater coolant pipe leaking,

*cant refit the stock air box due to custom FMIC,

*new exhaust fitting problems ( fixed by the excellent work at phoenix and by terry s)

*stone through my radiator

* flat battery

*boot rubbers

and probably more just cant remember, now this has all happened in the last 4 months and ive only driven the car 300miles. God knows what else is going next. im only my last nerve with fixing it all now and surprise surprise i go to start the car up the last week and the battery is DEAD, when i get back from work experience im thinking about selling her and getting something else. I love supra's but seriously guys ive had enough of paying for stuff every week. I dont blame the previous owner by the way so no hard feelings mate just needed to get it off my chest.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys, ive had about enough of this car now, i mean i love the idea of having a supra but damn this car is taking the P***, ive had so much go wrong and need fixing i cant take anymore.

*exhaust crumbling to bits,

*handbrake shoe part breaking,

*brake pads gone after 50 miles,

*induction kit falling off,

*air filter full of crap,

*silicone on FMIC pipe cracking,

*front springs gone,

*MAF getting dirty after induction kit fell off

*rear springs gone,

*rear shocks gone

*front shocks gone,

*avc-r not working right,

*upper rad pipe leaking,

*lower rad pipe leaking,

*heater coolant pipe leaking,

*cant refit the stock air box due to custom FMIC,

*new exhaust fitting problems ( fixed by the excellent work at phoenix and by terry s)

*stone through my radiator

* flat battery

*boot rubbers

and probably more just cant remember, now this has all happened in the last 4 months and ive only driven the car 300miles. God knows what else is going next. im only my last nerve with fixing it all now and surprise surprise i go to start the car up the last week and the battery is DEAD, when i get back from work experience im thinking about selling her and getting something else. I love supra's but seriously guys ive had enough of paying for stuff every week. I dont blame the previous owner by the way so no hard feelings mate just needed to get it off my chest.

Mate there isn't much wrong there. Mostly expected wear and tear and mods that weren't designed by Toyota.

Buy a TVR then see how that goes.

Like Robert, I'm very disillusioned with Supra ownership at the moment. The bog standard 1998 car I bought last Dec has been nothing but trouble. It's now about to get it's third engine! Well, it would do if I could find a suitable replacement lump.

Meanwhile my other supra (1993 100,000+ miles BPU, thrashed 60miles every day) keeps on going. Getting on for 30,000 miles I've done in it so far

WRONG mental attitude!

If you see it as an opportunity to upgrade/mod and progress with your car, you will always be :D

If you get into that frame of mind, you are always happy when something goes wrong - works for me!

Most of our cars are now 10yrs old so, normal wear and tear in my book.

WRONG mental attitude!

If you see it as an opportunity to upgrade/mod and progress with your car, you will always be :D

I don't want to upgrade mine, I just want to get it running and MoT'd so I can sell the fucking thing and recover some of the twelve grand the bastard has cost me so far.

(I don't mean to be rude to you Peter, I'm just expressing my frustration with this car )