The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater control Knobs

psymon

I have missed placed one of me knobs, whilst my dash is out......

Any hows if I can't find when the dash is ready to go back in, where can I get one from. Also I have seen a Soop on here somewhere and they had chrome one's fitted. Anyone know where these can be sourced

cheers

Si

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines got ali ones, I made them myself and have had requests before about doing a run of them. It's a matter of finding the time to make them, don't know what sort of dosh people would be willing to pay which would influence me getting my arse into gear:p

If/when I get to do some more then I'd let everyone know.

Paul

ali control.jpg

Mines got ali ones, I made them myself and have had requests before about doing a run of them. It's a matter of finding the time to make them, don't know what sort of dosh people would be willing to pay which would influence me getting my arse into gear:p

If/when I get to do some more then I'd let everyone know.

Paul

1: Robsheffield

2:

3:

4:

• 7 months later...

Shit ! Blast from the past eh?

Right then lots of interest I guess, the ones for myself were done on a manual lathe, and took a while to do.

I've got a lathe at home so it's possible to still do some but I need to sort some tooling to speed things up a little.

Mine still look great and they do brighten up the dash in a subtle way.

Leave it with me and I'll get back onto it and see what I can do :)

Paul

Been looking into this today, to get them looking like the pic I polished the top part and then gave the side a brushed finish. Would this be the sort of thing people would be interested in?

Because I'd be turning then finishing them on an individual basis (no automation with the finishing!) then they'll take a fair bit of time to do.

Not sure about this so I'll throw a figure in the air and see what you guys think, bear in mind these will look professional (as per pic). I'm looking at around £25 for the two, caps that push onto the existing ones, held in place with thin double sided or glue.

Feel free to comment as I'm still considering whether it's worth the time to do these and the price will be key to that.

Don't want to rip anyone off, don't want to make a fortune but just cover the costs and my time;)

Paul