The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Advice My T88 Supra Has A Blitz access ECU

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Question

1.Are these any good or would u ditch it, remember am just selling the car on and want to make sure who ever buys it know what they have or can do with it for potentail tuning.

the car is set at 1.2 bar t88-34d with 3 additional injectors and uprated fuel pump,it also has all the other goodies, ie intercoolers,plugs,pipes,filter,clutch, etc etc lots of gauges.

2. what sort of power do u reckon it has at a guess, i will dyno at later stage.

not sure if engine has had rebuilt ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On turbo charged engines, the most common way of increasing power is to increase the boost pressure. This increases the amount of air going into the engine, and providing there is sufficient fuel to accompany the boost pressure, the resultant charge is much denser and provides more power. Standard Engine Management systems have built in boost limits, which turn the fuel injectors off if the boost rises a certain amount over standard. To remove the boost limit, an upgraded ECU needs to be fitted. This will usually allow a 30-40% increase in boost pressure with corrected fuelling for the increased boost. Increasing the boost without increasing the fuelling will cause the engine to run lean, which can be fatal for the engine. The Blitz Access computer does not rely on fooling the ECU with external clamping circuits or making sensors read differently, it properly re-programs the factory limits, and all the fuelling is adjusted accordingly. The Boost limits are raised, the speed limits are removed, the rev-limiters are raised, the timing maps optimised, and the fuelling maps are adjusted to cope with higher boost.

Guest Flat4_ire
yes its blitz and thats the info i have on them

its not a replacement ecu,its a piggy back style isnt it..i dont know much on these badboys to be honest, dont know if anyone has one

That's a replacement stock ECU for upping the boost on stock turbos 'properly', as well as the rev limt and so forth. It will still be mapped for a sequential turbo setup and it will still be mapped for stock injectors. You should have something on top of that, one would hope, to run the T88 setup and the sub injectors (yuk).

Why I'm helping you after your crush webpage I don't know :rolleyes: :tongue:

-Ian

car runs fine with it, do u think its reasonable to sell it with this ecu or would i be excpected to replace the ecu for future tuning?

am just tring to price this accordingly you see

has it any other piggy backs hidden away. some sort of fuel controller?

yep it has greddy fuel controllers

it should be fine to sell on as is as many people go this route in the states although they use G-force ECUs rather than blitz ones. it would be a very good idea to get a dyno run done though to make sure everything is set up right

The BLITZ Access as far as I am aware is a direct replacement remapped stock unit, should have a BLITZ badge on the top, think they also install a daughter board inside, mind you the stock ECUs are not the easiest things to open, right pain the @rse.

They can be setup for various tuning stages so might be worth getting the motor on a dyno to see what she is pushing and how the fueling looks.

Cant remember if they had modified ignition maps as well.

:)

Some of these aftermarket replacement ECU's, are secifically mapped for individual cars by the tuning company in Japan, ie. not just an off the shelf part, but tailored to the cars tuning needs. Others are just sold with a standard map that removes fuel cut, speed limit and has a more power orientated map for a stock Supra.

I guess the only was of knowing with this is to get it dyno'd. It does seem odd that it would have a fuel computer also, if it was specifically mapped for the car, unless that's just used for user fine tuning :shrug:

I had a Blitz Access ECU fitted to mine when I bought it. I think it was purchased by the previous owner from a UK distributor. As others have said, it's a replacement ecu that uses a more aggressive timing map to extract more power.

Some have claimed that the unit is mapped for higher octane jap fuel and that there's possible detonation problems when running UK fuel. At the time I had mine, nobody in the UK seemed to be able to remap it.

I'm interested to learn that they can be tailored to particular cars as the UK distributors were selling them as an off the shelf product to fit any stock import Supra.