The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Different colour respray limit buyers?

Tom

I plan to get my car resprayed and would probably go for the original colour but if I say I went for rsp do you think this would put off buyers as it was orignally a different colour??

Tom

Why not do the colour in your avatar...I like that...and I don't need another RSP making mine less rare!!! :sly:

yeah I love that too, and that was just an idea! I'd probably consider yellow too, but for me personally I think I'd be put off buying a car that started out as something then changed, what you reckon? I'd get the engine bay done of course as well.

This is of course I decide to keep the car!! I don't know what to do!!!

yeah I love that too, and that was just an idea! I'd probably consider yellow too, but for me personally I think I'd be put off buying a car that started out as something then changed, what you reckon? I'd get the engine bay done of course as well.

This is of course I decide to keep the car!! I don't know what to do!!!

With all of these things the better the job you make of it the more likely it is not to harm your resale value...I wouldn't be scared of a respray, if it was done properly.

ie don't just use a paintshop - use an artist to paint her!

I shouldn't think it would make a difference to the resale value Tom if its a good clean job. Most cars over 5 years old have had some kind of paintwork or body panel repairs done.

Having a custom colour, to some people would make it more desirable, unless it was a hideous colour...

Bare in mind it could effect your Insurance..if its a custom clour like a flip etc..as these are difficult colours to work with! so more money involved if ya bend it!

You could of course choose a colour that wont look too odd when the engine bay is opened..Like Chris has got an odd sort of black with gold in the paintwork so i guess his engine bay in (original black) will not look out of place, though he may have had that done..as i didn't look too closely when I saw it last..looks well nice though!