The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Redex fuel system cleaner

supra-alex

I think I got it at halfords but cant remember the price about £8 for the big bottle that does about 6 fill ups I think?

I remember using injector cleaner on my old Toyota carina e years ago, it made a huge difference but it really needed it.

where exactly do you put it in ? the fuel lid ?

• 5 weeks later...

john i dont think youll feel a performance improvement , i know i havnt , but it supposed to help keep the top of the engine clean from carbon build up .

i only use my car short start and stops , very rare i get it on the m way and blast it out , this stuff was recomended to me , so every other fill up i stick it in.

small edit , the stuff i put in my supe is the injector cleaner , its in a red bottle , its different from the fuel cleaner

i've used this stuff on my daily runner... i.e. took out spark plugs, dropped a little in every hole and put new plugs in... fired her up... loads of smoke and noticed a small diffrence... wouldnt recommend it for a turbocharged car... wouldnt want all kinds of crap being blown past my turbos.....

The only injector cleaning additive proven to work (i.e. break down the carbon deposits around the valves and pistons) is the one made by Chevron (I've tried it when CostCo used to stock it 3 years ago)

STP use it under licence in the 'Total System Cleaner', the most expensive of their range.

All others can be DIYed, they are nothing special

ok guys heres a bit of feedback , the only parts that ive not changed are the plugs , done the cam belt last year and the tensioner and the other belt .

just had my service done today , and the plugs are perfect nice clean, ive had the car for five years so god nows when they were fitted, so that goes to prove that that stuff does work .

esspecially the type of driving that i do , short trips in traffic .

hope this info helps peter

had problem with engine starting a while ago running very rich and fouling up really bad , managed to get it running ok, but just bought some 10k boost from halfords to give it a good clean out sprays directly into inlet manifold. will let you know if it does anything.

car has been running very lumpy done all the simple things, including compression test, still lumpy so used the 10k boost as last resort, now runs perfect apart from a little ticking noise that i am trying to sort, but not related.

So yes it does work, tried and tested :rolleyes: