The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Powerflow exhaust vs Blitz, RS*R etc

RedM

Have been looking at a Powerflow exhaust setup. Seems cheaper than getting one of the big names, the pipework can be custom fitted to the underside of the car and they sound pretty damn good.

Would they have the performance benefits of the Blitz or RS*R or do you think they are mainly about look and sound?

id personally stick with one of the big names as these exhausts have had years of development to get gains in power,torque etc.

would also go fro a fully stainless exhaust as some of the jap exhausts have stainless backboxes but the rest of the system is mild steel which rots from the inside out.

In terms of performance benefit, the RSR is going to be about as optimal as you can get for any TT (Note: Not single!). The pipework is pretty much a staight 3in pipe with a very small silencer at the end. Only a straight pipe without silencer is going to release any more back pressure.

I'd stick with the RECOMMENDED systems....the big names you mentioned are highly recommended...

I can also recommend the Apexi N1 - if you want a quiet exhaust while crusing, and only want it to scream when youre giving it some...plus its got a nice quality rumble at idle.

Guest Flat4_ire
I'd stick with the RECOMMENDED systems....the big names you mentioned are highly recommended...

I can also recommend the Apexi N1 - if you want a quiet exhaust while crusing, and only want it to scream when youre giving it some...plus its got a nice quality rumble at idle.

ive blitz nurspec man, great exhaust and is sus303 ss all the way, looks great and sounds great!!

looks nice imi except that box half way up not a fan of those but still not as low as the nurspec. Its just im always hearing people going on about the nurspec and when you actually see it you think why would people waste money on something that hangs so low and you have to close your eyes if you go over a speed bump incase you lose you back box.

just my opinion though :tomato:

Do not touch Powerflow, you'll be blowing the baffles out of their zorsts pretty much as soon as you get it.

I've got a Tanabe Super Medallion on mine, top quality build, fully stainless, sounds great and doesnt hang low either :) Plus the back box looks individual too

looks nice imi except that box half way up not a fan of those but still not as low as the nurspec. Its just im always hearing people going on about the nurspec and when you actually see it you think why would people waste money on something that hangs so low and you have to close your eyes if you go over a speed bump incase you lose you back box.

just my opinion though :tomato:

probably best coming down to one of the meets to see and hear the different exhausts.

This is all very odd....

Soop Dogg has had a Powerflow full SS system for years now and it's been great, nice sound, properly sized to preven boost creep and has a decent dia backbox.

On the basis of that I can fully recommend Powerflow.

Maybe our local PF shop (Power and Performance of Honningham, Norfolk) is better than most?

They also replaced the gei rotting HKS steel of my old SuperDrager with 3" pipework and that out lasted the back box....(cause it was ripped off in a crash by the next owner!)

I think Alex has hit the nail on the head there - *some* Powerflow franchises can produce works of art, others make nasty rusty 90 degree pipes with bad welds.

From what I've seen of Powerflow myself it's a lottery, some are on a par with the likes of Hayward & Scott (and similar) but others are an absolute joke.

Ascar in Sheffield seem to have a decent following, if you look beyond the chav specials that people ask them to make they have done some really nice work.

Personally speaking I'd much rather have a nice robot make me an exhaust in Japan but I don't like to see welds.

Guest Flat4_ire
Tanabes growl when on full boost unlike the Blitz that booooooooooms.

Ive had a nur spec on my old s14 and loved the noise, very loud, very aggresive, drowns everything out.

tanabe good too man, most of the japs are very good, id be going for blitz,hks,greddy or tryin the tanabe super medallion ;) i have nurspec blitz and love it!