The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ChrisW decatted my VVTi

Pete

Lordy it's made things more interesting.

Unbeknown to me the 2nd decat had already been removed - can't believe I never checked this!

Chris installed a Thor FCD, restrictor ring and front decat pipe and it's really given the car quite a different feeling. Sounds great with the RS*R too. Spools up nice and quick and pulls much more smoothly throughout the rev range.

As soon as I pulled out of Chris' drive the wheel were spinning and traction control went silly :blush:

He must've thought "I hope he gets home in one piece!"

Anyway, despite spending nearly three times what I'd set out too (addictive isn't it?) I'm a very happy chappy. Full fluid change on g/box, diff, cam belt change, coolant, plugs and other general service things means I have a much better piece of mind.

Just right for the weather we've got.

Nice mate, and I know what you mean about things being addictive. I cant stop spending on mine and with my other car going wednesday (fingers crossed) i'll be getting a nice set of 18s for it :D

How often should fluids/plugs etc be changed on a n/a?

Cheers

If you're a member you can download the service schedule from here. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/downloads.php?do=file&id=13

How did you get on coming home with it tonight Pete? Gonna put my de-cat off until spring I think, spent enough this year :scare: but reading threads like this is torture :looney:

Slow and steady wins the race home.

Luckily most of the snow had cleared the main roads so it was just wet. The work car park was wheel spin city though... I don't think the decat would've made it any worse to be honest as I wasn't even on boost and was sliding on the snow.

Glad you liked it! Sounded like you may have an LSD in it, I never checked the VIN plate. (Don't worry, I only use LSD oil that's fine in viscous, plate and open diffs :)) Been to Newbury today to pick up my welder, couldn't undertand why the M4 had a huge tailback doing about 30 MPH, until I saw everyone unwilling to overtake a gritter, presumably in case they got paint chips. Added ages to the journey time, people poncing about worrying about a stone chip, Jeez.... ;) Get a life!

Sounded like you may have an LSD in it, I never checked the VIN plate. (Don't worry, I only use LSD oil that's fine in viscous, plate and open diffs :))

Yes it does have an LSD - what made it sound like it did?

everyone unwilling to overtake a gritter, presumably in case they got paint chips. Added ages to the journey time, people poncing about worrying about a stone chip, Jeez.... ;) Get a life!

I hate gritters. One absolutely peppered the front of Ralph (Our Rover 100 we haven't the heart to sell). It looks like he has freckles now. Aaawww. ;)

As for you Hadyn - Prove it! :p (When if we finally get to meet when it's NOT raining)