The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wowzers! Ive been de-catted today :D

GazzaGSi

After contacting numerous companies for the second cat replacement pipe and getting prices off plus £150 I went to my local ETS.

They supplied and fitted the de-cat for £50 :respekt:

And also flanged it so if the worse comes to worse I can simply swap it for the MOT.

The pipe they used was the stainless 304 grade and was 3mm in diameter smaller than my RSR exhaust as they never have had the diameter of that type of exhaust and even said theyve never seen an exhaust like it before :cool:

I dont know how to describe the noise but it is amazing :ok: :clap:

Bought an even bigger smile to my face where ever I drive! :drool:

Will try and get a sound clip up some time soon.

And defiantely recommend it to anyone considering to get a decat or not. Noticed alittle more umff too but I did it mainly for the sound anyway.

:respekt:

Cheers

Gaz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just thought I'd say it to add something to the conversation and my post count :shrug: :sly:

Ran the car for a month standard then decatted, no other mods and fuel consumption was better but then I'm not sure I'm sure, maybe Pete is sure :p

Yep - I'm sure. I was getting approx 20 miles more out of a full tank. That's not a bad increase.

• 1 month later...

I can second Pete's MPG comment.. I half decatted but left the baffle in my Nur-Spec... when I took the baffle out not only did I get 1.05BAR boost ( a .1 increase) I am also getting consistently over 300 miles a tank now mixed driving - town some highway and a fair bit of in-town crawling. I have the parts for a full decat sitting at home (first decat pipe and FCD) so I will be pushing on with this as soon as I can too see what further improvements are made

So I am a believer in the volumetric efficiency thing now.. it works I have seen it on my fuel bills...