The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not maintaining your exhuast properly lol

Pig

A little story for you all. I was nearly out of fuel today so was taking it REALLY easy. I pulled off the dual carriageway past a cop who had pulled someone for speeding on the roundabout. I pulled into the petrol station to fill up and the cop followed me in. He drove through the station and out and pulled over on the side of the road. I filled up, paid and couldnt stop smiling when i went past cause i knew he was going to pull out behind me lol.

What a suprise, he did. I started laughing, probably not the best thing to do.

Lights came on and i pulled over. I got out the car and still couldnt stop laughing. Apologised, saying that i found it so funny cause it was so obvious they were gunna pull me. :D

Anyway they did all the check and i asked what i had done wrong, they said the exhaust was FAR too loud and illegal. They had noticed me cause as i drove past their car had shaken :shrug:

I then had 3 options:

1. Court

2. Fix it and prove it with MOT stamp

3. £30 fine

He then filled out no. 2 form and said he had chosen that for me.

I wasnt having that. I said no thanks i would much prefer no. 3 :p

He seemed a little miffed but said ok and that he would have chosen that aswell.

He said he wouldnt pull me again for it as i said it was only loud cause i needed to get something fixed on the car. :sly:

He also said if anyone else pulled me to show the slip and they may let me off.

Both cops were really nice, showed me their laser gun and how it worked etc....oh and the driver LOVED the car lol.

P.S for those of you that have heard my car, its much noisier now its in TTC mode, i must sort that switch so i can go to sequential next time i go past a police car!

I am sure this isn't correct. If it was unroadworthy then yes but the fact is he shouldn't have let you drive away. IIRC there is a restriction on noise level for new cars but the minute they leave the factory no restrictions are in place. The only way you can be done is noise abatement act with complaints from public.

Thats a complete joke. :thumbdown :mad:

So you pass them on a dual carriageway, they follow you when you pull in to a PETROL STATION (eg nice and safe location), and rather than just approach you there, they wait for you to pull back out onto the dual carriageway and pull you over on the side of the road in a place where you are far less safe from other cars? :no: :twak:

This is an utter fcuking joke and disgrace. :complain: :soap:

sounds like i could have blagged my way out. However for £30 i dont want them think....ill get the little FCUK. better to be nice and then when they see me around less chance of getting pulled.

Nope they were already off the DC and then pulled me on the slip road! Bless em

Guest Flat4_ire
Thats still VERY bad practise, they should pull you over in a safe location. Hows that safer than a petrol station. Sound like idiots.

they sound like they were ok cops to me! could have been total wankers and took the car off you, i set off car alarms all the time..tis great fun really :yu: