The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Difference between...

si wants supra

Second question can you have parallel turbos on the Supra, or is this just a ball ache job which would cost mega money, the only reason I asked is that I was reading a thrad on hybrids or big single, and saw that with hybrids you could only max out to about 500hp but yet Liner's can push a hell of a lot more power on a twin setup. My friends drive the skylines and Iam partial to the twin set up.

Cheers

Si

*deep breath*

The liner won't do 500+bhp on it's stock twin turbos.

Neither will the Supra

You can get big twins on a Supra but you lose the sequential system

Benefits of big twins over big single are debatable

Going parallel on a stock Supra is a simple matter of wiring some actuators open

Actual benefits from doing this are suspect, drawbacks are all too apparent

Consider lag and drivability when talking about bigger turbos

*breathes out*

-Ian

Cheers guys now feel a bit more knowledgeable, and I understand they wont give me more power running parallel, but would they not run cooler than in sequential form, for that was a big player in runnin hybrids @ 500 hp its possible with all the right bits but your still pushin them to their limit and heat they would course would be dangerously high, would this not help in this area or again am I talking pooh.

cheers

Si

I still want to know why you can't whack on a great big second turbo, to get the best of both worlds.

Can you fit one in the space?

NO

And that concludes this lesson :)

And further more - the system is designed to use 2 turbo's of the same size therefore, NO again....

Cheers guys now feel a bit more knowledgeable, and I understand they wont give me more power running parallel, but would they not run cooler than in sequential form, for that was a big player in runnin hybrids @ 500 hp its possible with all the right bits but your still pushin them to their limit and heat they would course would be dangerously high, would this not help in this area or again am I talking pooh.

cheers

Si

The sequential system does not add heat....

The hybrid turbo's are larger (internally) which allows then to flow more air and create less heat at stock power levels...it has nothing to do with their operation mode.

Did anyone see the supra tuned up by JUN ?? the one they used to do the top speed on the salt planes?

im sure that was runnin two HUGE turbos, t78s or somethin similar, it had a big louvre in the bonnet where the turbos sat so the bonnet would shut.

Think it got up to 250mph.