The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth it?

Guest 3.0Targa

Guest 3.0Targa

Hi all

new to the forum, dare i say it ive owned mk3 supras for the last 3 years (let the beats begin lol) however im now moving up to a mk4, im looking for an na as its gonna be a daily driver. However im not sure what is a good price to pay.

I have been offered a 3.0 SZ non turbo manual in red its done 40.000km full service history its got new 18" alloys and tyres (brand new) new coil over suspension all round, stainless exhaust system was imported 2 yrs ago and its imaculate, had full resray as the bonnet and drivers side front wing had started to fade, its had full HPI check AA inspection and full service including new brakes and disks.

the owner is looking for between £6.5k and 7k is this a good price

im sorry for what might be a daft question but i could use your advice

many thanks

Craig

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Flat4_ire
Hi all

new to the forum, dare i say it ive owned mk3 supras for the last 3 years (let the beats begin lol) however im now moving up to a mk4, im looking for an na as its gonna be a daily driver. However im not sure what is a good price to pay.

I have been offered a 3.0 SZ non turbo manual in red its done 40.000km full service history its got new 18" alloys and tyres (brand new) new coil over suspension all round, stainless exhaust system was imported 2 yrs ago and its imaculate, had full resray as the bonnet and drivers side front wing had started to fade, its had full HPI check AA inspection and full service including new brakes and disks.

the owner is looking for between £6.5k and 7k is this a good price

im sorry for what might be a daft question but i could use your advice

many thanks

Craig

what yr is it

? if its 96/97 that price wudnt be bad

Guest 3.0Targa

basically i would like a car i can more or less just get in and drive, not like the mk3 where they are just an endless bloody money pit, i know mk4s are not cheap to run but im hoping they are alot more reliable, and i thought an NA would make more sense as an every day town driver and i dont have a huge budget

Seems a little steep, personally I'd only pay more than average if it was an aero, although I appreciate they aren't everyones cup of tea!

Upside though, it isn't silver, there seem to be loads of them kicking around.

NA's aren't really that cost effective after the initial purchase, I spend about the same on my NA as Keith (hubby) does on his TT just in general running costs and his insurance is cheaper (its a UK)

I find the comment that TTs are better than NA's a little bit ignorant, they suit different driving would be better comment. TT's are great for flat out power, but my NA will annihilate Keiths TT on a country road and having driven my brothers TT auto I'm convinced that my auto gear box is more responsive and suits my driving style a lot better. Its all down to personal taste, but if outright speed is your thing, then the TT it should be, if its throwing a car around and having a damn good laugh then I'd pick the NA any day.

Guest 3.0Targa

one of the biggest reasons i was looking at a NA is the fact that tt cost a hell of a lot more when they go wrong and have usually had been thrashed about alot more. im more interested in the look of the car eg i like the fact that they turn heads and its always nice to destroy these snot nosed little chavs in the hot hatch which any soop can do including my old mk3's.

It's very pretty, but £7k is a bit steep for a '95 NA, I would have thought £5k is more reasonable?

Do a search on Auto Trader, they have lots of 95/96 models listed around £5k

i ahve a 94 n/a aerotop with body kit wheels etc and i paid 8k so now it must be worth 5k ........

also there is a n/a forsale at 3750 at the mo talk to... bazrazmaza or summit like dat in forsale section

So some one sells an supra cheap and every one moans that the price of supras in going down the pan, some one try to sell one slightly over market value and every one moans its far too much :shrug:

As for the car you can get a very good N/A hardtop for around 5k these days so considering the recent respray and all the extras thats easily worth 6k

So some one sells an supra cheap and every one moans that the price of supras in going down the pan, some one try to sell one slightly over market value and every one moans its far too much :shrug:

As for the car you can get a very good N/A hardtop for around 5k these days so considering the recent respray and all the extras thats easily worth 6k

was about to say something along these lines. common, too cheap, too steep, so what point is it just the right price? :conf: :shrug:

anyway, that price seem very reasonable to me, considering what it has, Manual, full body kit, aftermarket exhaust and alloys.

colour is personal preference, just because if its red or black does not make it anymore cheaper or expensive.

yes you could probably get a TT, but lets see... Probably have NO body kit, standard alloys (nothing wrong with that though), WILL BE AUTO (not that auto is bad, but manual is definatly more demanding and higher value im sure you all agree), but probably will have non standard exhaust.

this is what divides the point of a cheaper TT to a higher priced N/A. IMO.

Guest 3.0Targa

i must admit i would like a turbo but the major things i looking for is low milage,nice bodykit if possible,good service history and if i can the a targa roof as my current mk3 has one and its great in the summer but due to my budget its not a must. im just after a car thats been looked after.

... its done 40.000km full service history its got new 18" alloys and tyres (brand new) new coil over suspension all round, stainless exhaust system was imported 2 yrs ago and its imaculate, had full resray as the bonnet and drivers side front wing had started to fade, its had full HPI check AA inspection and full service including new brakes and disks....

paintjobs, disks etc, have you got any hard evidence that the 40K km (i.e.

Just wondering....