The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater permanently hot

Kev.O

I was out driving today with the heater on. As the car warmed up I slowly turned the heat down. Once I turned the dial to as cold as it would go I tried the air conditioning but it wouldn't work!

Does anyone have any ideas? After doing a few searches I'm preying it's not the matrix!

I was out driving today with the heater on. As the car warmed up I slowly turned the heat down. Once I turned the dial to as cold as it would go I tried the air conditioning but it wouldn't work!

Does anyone have any ideas? After doing a few searches I'm preying it's not the matrix!

You know what I think it is

:D

• 4 months later...

I was out driving today with the heater on. As the car warmed up I slowly turned the heat down. Once I turned the dial to as cold as it would go I tried the air conditioning that came on, but it STILL was HOT !!!! I have recently put a modified air intake on, and put two cold air intakes as well, and it is still HOT!!!!!!

I am asking you because you seem to know more than others about this than any others on this matter! Please help and reply!?

Many thanks Dom.

Its not your matrix- so you can relax a little. Sound like the heater control flap, which directs air to the matrix when heat is required- and away from the matrix when cold is required. This might be stuck in the hot position.

Try this

With the ignition on setting two- just before the engine is started where all electrics work. Turn the heater temperature control from cold to hot. Listen out for a small a buzzing sound. If you don’t hear it then the flap motor or the connections to the flap motor may be damaged. Not a major problem.

Try this

With the ignition on setting two- just before the engine is started where all electrics work. Turn the heater temperature control from cold to hot. Listen out for a small a buzzing sound. If you don’t hear it then the flap motor or the connections to the flap motor may be damaged. Not a major problem.

Nope there is a small buzz/motor sound coming from that area, i have been told to put/make/get a heat shield to place between my aftermarket air intake and the main fan of the car....

• 12 years later...