The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - Wheels Nuts Wont Budge!

S7EVE

Picked my wheels up today - finally...

Managed to change the rears over no problem. Moved on to the fronts, and do you think the wheel nuts will budge!?! Now, I had some new tyres on the rears at the start of the year, so know these have been removed before. But I doubt the fronts have been changed since being imported.

Anyone got any tips for loosening these b**tards!

Tried a wrench extension, tried shockin them.. but it looks as though either the wrench will snap or the nut will sheer off.

Help Please! :blush:

Actually try to tighten the nut then loosen, then tighten again, then loosen again, that normally works for me. eventually it will break loose

Arr, Didnt think to try this...

I've given up for the day now, I'll try again in the morning.

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice Guys.

I've tried tapping with the hammer. But I will try tightening them then loosening them in the morning.

but seriously for the few quid they'll charge you get a garage or tyre place to do it.

I didnt think this would be a problem tbh, I was going round each wheel and doing the calipers at the same time, so didnt want to get the wheels put on and then have to take them off again once home to do the calipers. But If I have no joy its straight down a garage on Monday.

Guest slow dog
Actually try to tighten the nut then loosen, then tighten again, then loosen again, that normally works for me. eventually it will break loose

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

if you hit them hard they will stretch the thread then cross thread spray them up get a big bar on it and slowly undo them no idea were you are i am in basingstoke if you need me to do it come over i have the tools for the job