The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would the Supe be better if FWD?

Conrad

The supra would be uncontollable if it was front wheel drive and had the power it does.

Rear wheel drive handles better than front, if you know what you are doing, the front wheels only have one job to do - steer, whereas front wheel drive has to put the power down and steer at the same time.

Front wheel drive is safer for a novice driver as understeer is less dramatic and easier to deal with than oversteer.

I say if you could afford it get a runabout car for winter and put the supra to bed :D

Guest Flat4_ire
The supra would be uncontollable if it was front wheel drive and had the power it does.

Rear wheel drive handles better than front, if you know what you are doing, the front wheels only have one job to do - steer, whereas front wheel drive has to put the power down and steer at the same time.

Front wheel drive is safer for a novice driver as understeer is less dramatic and easier to deal with than oversteer.

I say if you could afford it get a runabout car for winter and put the supra to bed :D

i had an integra type r with hks suspension and boy did dat baby handle in the dry!!

try driving a modified 200sx with shiny tyres and no weight in it to keep it still, then you know loosing the rear in the damp and slippy uk weather

my soop sticks like glue in this weather compared to the 200(well maybe very poor glue but you get the drift , ha ha ha drift do ya get it )

i had an integra type r with hks suspension and boy did dat baby handle in the dry!!

Yeah, they do handle well. having driven both I would say it is NOT better than a j-spec supra with a standard bilstein suspension. I've killed my brother in laws ITR on the straights as well as on the bends...extremely easily...different league compeltely

Supra with the amount of power & torque would be absolutely ludicrous if FWD....would be no fun at all as traction would be a major issue, plus there wouldnt be a good weight balance.

Plus FWD aint a proper sports car anyway....a proper sports car is RWD, the way it should be...4WD would be a nice compromise but would be ultimately boring..unless it was an intelligent system like in the skyline (4WD when you need it)