The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer Jet Upgrade?

michael

No not neons!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with swapping the windscreen washers for something a little bit more efficient?

I generally find that at the right speeds the headlamp washers give a fantastic soapy spray over the whole screen rather than 4 crappy jets - has anyone driven a car with a similar 'mist' spray rather than a jet for the windscreen? I was thinking of robbing some others and replacing mine - even if it's just for a 6 jet setup.

No neons, no silly finishes, just small black washers that look OEM but clean much better (I mean even go for heated if I can)

A fairly trivial mod I guess but seeing out of the window is important to me, the headlamp ones are fine for the windscreen when the car is filthy but I don't want to spray the bonnet all the time :scare:

So what have you driven and how were the washers?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got wipers that life themselves off the windscreen at 80mph anyway

A good way to slow yourself down in the rain!

Both my Supras are like that. That's why I use RainX. I only use my wipers for getting dirt off the screen. Above 40mph you don't need wiper to clear water with RainX.

It stops that horrible wiper judder too

So far:

Misters

1. Golf MKIV

2. Skoda something

(I see a VAG theme here?)

3+ jets

1. Fiat Punto

2. Lexus something

On the wiper

1. Celica

I'd rather have the mist so if anyone knows of any other possible cars I can raid in the scrap yards please fill in the list :)

My ciroen BX had the onwiper spray. Very very good in the type of weather we are having now as the water comes straight out at the blade instead of waiting for the water to hit the screen by which time the wiper has allready smeared all the salt and grime all over your window temporarily blinding you. The reason your wiper lifts at speed is because the spring that holds it down is old and tired. Put on a wiper blade with a spoiler if you don't want to pay for another wiper arm.

This stuff is very very good and afterwards you can use it on your girlfreinds :) or boyfreinds whatever takes your fancy :D

So far:

Misters

1. Golf MKIV

2. Skoda something

3. new shape Galaxy

(I see a VAG theme here?)

3+ jets

1. Fiat Punto

2. Lexus something

On the wiper

1. Celica

2.Pug 405

I'd rather have the mist so if anyone knows of any other possible cars I can raid in the scrap yards please fill in the list :)

• 3 weeks later...