The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boot rubbers

Robert

ok im serious now the new boot rubbers i have wont fit properly, i have attached a picture of what they should fit like i think but when i go to close the boot it wont shut and no amount of adjusting will fix it. im sure the UK specs my have different part numbers

d2_1.jpg

I did my J-spec TT today, I cut all the old rubber off the Chassis Rubbers which were well cracked and used a heat source to loosen the blue jap loctite and with a T wrench from a socket driver set got 3 screws out first time and the fourth needed more heat.

My boot is harder to shut now but it does shut and I`ve still got a rattle, its quieter but on rough roads a bit annoying. I also propped up the hatch and removed the tailgate struts from the tailgate (2 x 10mm Headed bolts), there was silicon applied to all 4 pivots and some wear was evident so I resiliconed the pivots with new silicone but I`ve still got a rattle. I`ll try and adjust the boot catch next but your picture showing the chassis rubber appears to be exactly the same as my J-Spec for position. I also tried WD40 on the boot seal rubber in case that was the noise source. Price from Toyota World Patchway, Bristol for 2 CUSHION/DOOR T 67293-14051 was £2.77 each and 4 x SCREW T90159-50116 was £0.61 each. Including VAT a Grand Total of £9.38 and I ordered Wednesday and they arrived Friday. A trader on this forum quoted me £10 for just the 2 CUSHION/DOOR T 67293-14051 so members be careful as prices vary. Has anybody changed the Tailgate Struts ends and cured the rattle ?

Hi Pete, yes the tailgate stays up fine by itself, its a little bit of an effort to raise it fully, probally not helped me squirting silicone in the pivot points. On smooth roads very little in the way of rattles but on potholed or concrete roads the rattles return. I`ll try the boot latch today, it looks like 4 plastic plugs have to come out of the boot trim to get access to screws securing the trim which covers the latch.

Weii I removed the plastic trim in the boot well to get access to this but this only offers a very small amount of adjustment as one hole in the bracket is round and the other is oval so as to allow a little bit of sideways and less up and down. I checked in the hatch and the two mounts are round so no adjustment at all on the top piece. When the boot is shut you can`t feel any play in the latch so it could be my worn pivots on the hatch dampers. I`ll have a go at the subframe bolts next as well in case they`re loose.:violin: