The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dispute with Toyota - advice??

supRo

I have written a letter to Toyota H.O. due to my local dealer smashing my sideskirt and discovering they hadn't used V160 gearbox oil when I had asked them too and being charged for.

They accept the blame for the sideskirt and they are still trying to sort it after a crappy repair with the Milton Keynes bodyshop.

They are refusing to accept blame for the oil - I guess it's my word against theirs. There isn't anyway I can prove it unless I had left the wrong oil in there which I didn't. I had the oil replaced with V160 at Phoenix.

Is there anything else I can do regarding the gearbox oil? Mark at Phoenix has kindly offered to write a letter to state his findings but Toyota have stated they won't accept anything from a non Toyota garage :(

Cheers,

Ro

I want a refund on the oil and labour charged to put it in. I have explaind to them that for some stupid reason the Getrag boxes sometimes have a label stating that autobox fluid is fine (like mines does) but that is why I asked them to put V160. I told them that the 'mechanic' may have got it wrong after reading the label

Yes 'Only V160' to be used. They claim that they have but I asked Mark at Phoenix to check (had the gearbox seals replaced at Phoenix) as I lost confidence with Toyota after they smashed my sideskirt.

I guess there's probably nothing I can do about it :(