The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autoglass 1 - Sods Law 3

Ewen

New windscreen is finally fitted...

First one they had a couple of weeks ago was the wrong colour, they came to fit one at work today, got the old one out then the heavens opened...so the screen isnt guaranteed not to leak...he then had the cheek to tell me I needed a rubber sealing strip thats clipped to the plastic panel (that covers the bottom of the screen and has the vents in it), as mine was 'missing'...I told him that it was there when I hoovered the engine bay on Saturday and it cant have walked off on its own, he got a little shitty with that, so Ive got to argue the toss with Autoglass or buy a new one (part number anyone ?)..

Oh and theres a nasty plasticcy rattle from the dash now as well.

According to Autoglass there are four Supra windscreen options, although Im only quoting what they told me...

green tint screens with or without a blue top-edge anti-glare band

blue tint screens with or without a green top-edge anti glare band

Mr.T were more than happy to give me a part number and colour to suit the chassis number etc, but in my case it was obvious that is was green tint / no sunstrip...so obvious that Autoglass first came with a blue screen with a green sun strip.

As to the fitting,

they will check the car over for damage before they start and ask you to sign the form...after today, Id advise you to lift the bonnet too, and make a point of 'seeing' the bonnet rubber sealing strip etc...they have to remove this as well as the plastic panel and wipers...

I went for a fit at work, rain is not good for the adhesive, so you may prefer to get it fitted on their premises if poss.

Oh, and I was advised by members on here to make sure the screen and screen sealing strips are genuine Toyota

Not sure about the trim, they have told me verbally its genuine Toyota but its looks a little higher IMO if you see what I mean...

Anyhoo, its accademic now, as most of the trim had popped out by this morning, and after a rant at Autoglass they are going to do the whole thing again with a new screen

Took it to Autoglass this afternoon so they could see for themselves...

Top bod agreed that the rubber bonnet cushion strip had been ripped off (the broken clips were still there etc), so hes ordered a new one, the window strip was hanging off anyway so he had no argument with that, the rear view mirror is missing a black plastic cover by the looks of it (bods on the case), and as it was bunged in whilst it was raining, no contest...new one on Tuesday