The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto gear change mods??

matt

I quite fancy a tiptronic stylee gearchange in my soop......

When engaging a gear is the stick simply making an electrical connection ? or this there a physical purpose too.....

Anybody done it or am I limited to just moving the overdrive switch up to the wheel??

TIA

Racelogic spent a lot of time working on this a while back. They have a system that works on BMWs and stuff but as the ECU controls so much of the engine in combination with the gearbox they decided that it probably wouldnt be feasible to do it.

I still maintain its a question of giving them a car to work on for a few months and they will find the solution, guys like Julian love electronic puzzles and will spend all their time trying to solve them.

I know Pete Betts tried getting info from Level10 about their modification and they faxed him a single page of info and that was it, they wouldnt talk about it after that. I also wonder whether their modification is built for drag racing and not for track use, so it might shift really hard for speed which could make the supra a little lively on a track.

I will give RL a call, or get J to do it and see if they fancy spending some time pulling an auto supra apart and then try and find a supra they can work on.

JB

• 2 years later...

Not much of an update ...... but the box on the auto soop isn't fully electronically controlled.

The lever is required..... or something to control the lever electronically.

I got a picture, from Nathan, years back of the Levelten control box. It looked crap! i'll try and dig out the pic later.

When I mailed them I didn't get any real info.... so didn't follow it up.

I did, however move the OD and Manu switches up onto the steering wheel and fitted a manual gear knob and gaiter ala Brian Jackett.......

Originally posted by Branners

This is a SERIOUSLY old thread, still surprised nobody has managed to sort it yet, perhaps Thor racing might want to give it a go.

JB

I know JB sorry, But i,m suprised no one has gone any futher. I was just searching the BBS for it last night as in my situation this would be quite handy.:thumbs: