The mkiv Supra Owners Club

protential new supra owner

DBR

Ok peeps,

I am trying to convince my m8 to get a supra ( uk spec ) (and join the club) :clap: …………… and he has a few questions and worries:blush: , (which I have already ansewed but he wants others opinions!??, I will print this post off and show him your ansews)

Right a bit of info firstly:

He is 22 and owns a black Hyandai Coupe?:haha: , (don’t laugh he actually loves this car) it has done 20,000 miles an is in pretty good nik!, he reckons he can get about £11.5-12k for it…………. my argument is that he could drive a SUPRA at no extra cost and maybe even save money!, (about 10k for a low mileage, stock, uk spec + 1-2k for insuance!!)…..AND OF COARSE HE WILL THEN HAVE A SUPRA!! in my opinion far better than a hyandai. And he is a big fan of jap cars especially the supra (never thought he could afford one)……… so why not go for it is my question to him!!??

But his main worry is this…………lol!

Wait for it………………………

He thinks a supra could be a unreliable super car!!!!?????????….. I just laughed an said well try getting a lotus then????!!!:clap: LOL!!!!!…..and also explained that a full service history supra, an well looked after is probly one of the most reliable cars you can get…almost bullit proof!!

His other worry is that the servicg prices will hit the roof……..

The car he is looking at (a uk tt) has a full toyta serv. Hist, is on 70k (which he thinks is high mileage??)……and is completely stock, and is up for £9995.

Ive told him what to do……..

Can you guys/girls give him an opinion too

p.s. sorry for the long pos

I would give away the hyandai, if it means I can then relace it with a supra! You can not go wrong! Loads of people on hear have supes that have done tons of miles over 100k on many, without a glimer of a problem!

Your mate needs to ditch the toy, and move onto to a real, grown up car!

I would never let mine go now! love 'em! im sure many people on here will back me up when i say theres not an owner on here that doesnt love his supe! I'm 22 as well, wouldnt look back!

I would never let mine go now! love 'em! im sure many people on here will back me up when i say theres not an owner on here that doesnt love his supe!

Not a glimmer of a problem from either ours, only thing is that they like non essential(ish) presents of the go faster or shiny kind.

Ok peeps,

He thinks a supra could be a unreliable super car

and he is right if its not been cared for properly which sadly a lot of these cars have not!!

If he gets a clean example he will have no worries....Parts for the car are expensive, but you have to expect this from any high performance car

all down to personal preference at the end of the day....supra's are good cars providing you treat them with care

you look after them they will look after you

Be careful mate, Supras are expensive with servicing every 6000k and you know he is going to get the modifying bug. I really want my mate to gett a supe but realistically he cant afford the running. Make sure your mate can afford it and that you havent just got you supra goggles on! P.S Hope he get one

Be careful mate, Supras are expensive with servicing every 6000k and you know he is going to get the modifying bug. I really want my mate to gett a supe but realistically he cant afford the running. Make sure your mate can afford it and that you havent just got you supra goggles on! P.S Hope he get one

i think modyifying is one thing he wont be doing he wants to keep it pretty much standard apart from a decat.........

this is true serviceing every 6000k is more reguler than his coupe (which i think he said was every 8-10k), but i saw the bill from hyundai on his last service and it was over £300!!........... i get my suup serviced with phoenix (great peeps by the way) and mine is never that much!?

i think the main worry for him will be the petrol price (suup = thirsty beast), and well as for insurance i thinlk he is mad!, he must be with the wrong company cos he is paying around £1500 for his insurance, i have 1 yr ncb and paying £1100 MADNESS!!! :)

If he finds a good example, then the Supra is a very reliable car, but all cars get to an age where things start to wear out.

Engine wise a well looked after Supra that has been regularly serviced is very reliable. However an older car with a few miles on it, even if it has been looked after well, could be starting to suffer from worn suspension, dampers, joints, bushes, brakes, tyres, etc. non of which are cheap to replace.

low mileage uk can be around 15k, but no-one is selling them, if they still exist.

all supras seem to be on a low.

a uk one can be bought for around 7-15k, most have over 100,000 miles.

as for Hyandai Coupe drivers, and black ones(p*icks), drove up my ass, in a 50, started flashing his lights for me to get over, then undertaking me, cutting in front of me doing around 90 in a 50 then that got him no-where, next set of lights were red, light go green, i flash my lights at him, he speeds off braking the limit, then cuts off 3 lanes to make his exit.

hope your mate dosent drive like that,

and its just the 1 black Hyandai Coupe owner

If he finds a good example, then the Supra is a very reliable car, but all cars get to an age where things start to wear out.

Engine wise a well looked after Supra that has been regularly serviced is very reliable. However an older car with a few miles on it, even if it has been looked after well, could be starting to suffer from worn suspension, dampers, joints, bushes, brakes, tyres, etc. non of which are cheap to replace.

how high miles are you talking nic.......as my m8 thinks @ 70k is over the hill:innocent: ??

how high miles are you talking nic.......as my m8 thinks @ 70k is over the hill:innocent: ??

Don't know about in normal UK driving, but my wheel bearings/joints/bushes/shocks (94 6TT) were all badly worn and replaced recently at 75K km, saying that though the type of driving here tends to wear cars out quite a bit quicker. Clutch has also been replaced at least 3 times.

Don't know about in normal UK driving, but my wheel bearings/joints/bushes/shocks (94 6TT) were all badly worn and replaced recently at 75K km, saying that though the type of driving here tends to wear cars out quite a bit quicker. Clutch has also been replaced at least 3 times.

are you some sort of racing driver nic:rtfm:

No not really, as I say the type of driving here tends to age a car quicker, combination of bad roads, the temperature, all the stop/start urban traffic ALL the time and I guess my driving does have something to do with it too :D So my 80K km Supra is probably the equivalent to a car with twice the mileage in the UK, I would guess.

No not really, as I say the type of driving here tends to age a car quicker, combination of bad roads, the temperature, all the stop/start urban traffic ALL the time (no motorway cruising here) and I guess my driving does have something to do with it too :D So my 80K km Supra is probably the equivalent to a car with twice the mileage in the UK, I would guess.