The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crashed ... Dammit!

JamesArup

Today has been great ... seriously ..... no really .... just great! :faint: :faint:

8.50 this morning, get hit on the side by an Audi TT pulling out of a T-Junction. My passenger door is destroyed, I can see down to the bare metal. My side skirt has seen better days, and a large chunk of bodywork is now wedged inbetween the rim of my alloys and the tyre. Bit worried about that. My bodywork guys are coming out to assess it this afternoon, so let's see how bad it is. :tomato: :tomato:

Phoned SKY about it and they passed me on to the actual underwriter to deal with. I'm definately looking at a £350 excess AND they are not going to gove me a courtesy car :no:

And then I went to the dentist for the first time in 3 years. I've been pumped full of that numbing crap while he gave me a filling, which now means that I look like a slack-jawed retard. :rlol: . I have to go back again for 2 more fillings as well .......... :looney:

Reckon I should have stayed in bed this morning, huh?

I'll get pics of the damage as soon as I can.

Cheers, J :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about what happened to you this morning, sport.

Even though it sucks, have to look on the bright side as it could be worse, you are ok, thats the main thing - except the dentistry.

hope you can claim it all back off their insurance, and get costs. maybe try for compensation against other driver. it should be obvious to them if you have side impact damage, while going pass the junction.

seems there are way too many idiots on the roads these days. wonder how many pass their tests, even today in the fog seeing so many with no lights or indicators.

Guest Flat4_ire
Feel for you. It's not nice. Still, at least you should get back the £350 excess. I had someone run into the back of me recently, AND he's denying responsibility. No independent witnesses. I'm looking at a £500 excess if he pulls it off.

did u not call the cops when the crash took place?

Cheers guys,

Yeah ... bit of a nightmare, my bodywork guys are coming over to assess the damage. I think one of the wheels may have copped a bit of damage (Volks 18"), but I've got those insured for £1800. :clap:

Didn't phone the police, no. Didn't see the need. What's worse is that the woman in the TT knows my Mum, so I'm now an embarrassement to the family! heheh! :blush:

As for the dribble Nic ... yeah, it's all over the place. You should have seen me with a cup of coffee earlier - it was pretty special! :haha:

Cheers, J :clap:

Cheers guys,

Yeah ... bit of a nightmare, my bodywork guys are coming over to assess the damage. I think one of the wheels may have copped a bit of damage (Volks 18"), but I've got those insured for £1800. :clap:

Didn't phone the police, no. Didn't see the need. What's worse is that the woman in the TT knows my Mum, so I'm now an embarrassement to the family! heheh! :blush:

As for the dribble Nic ... yeah, it's all over the place. You should have seen me with a cup of coffee earlier - it was pretty special! :haha:

Cheers, J :clap:

J, give me a shout if you need a price for a new Volk Racing wheel, should be able to get you a v good deal :ok:

Feel for you. It's not nice. Still, at least you should get back the £350 excess. I had someone run into the back of me recently, AND he's denying responsibility. No independent witnesses. I'm looking at a £500 excess if he pulls it off.

If he went into the back of you he will have no chance of getting out of it.

Who was pulling out? You or them?

If its them then if you can't get a courtesy car through SKY then speak to helphire and if they decide the other car is at fault they will take the case on and give you a replacement car of similar standard (hmm not sure how they'll match a supra but hey) and get your car repaired and chase the money back down for you so you don't incur any costs.

Well .. my bodywork guys have been over and had a look at the car. Their verdict: -

- Definately need a new passenger door

- Definately need a new quarter panel

- Definately need a new side skirt

- Wheel is tricky. They want to send it off for an X-Ray as it's obviously taken the brunt of the impact (cheers for the offer Nic :ok: )

- Will have to repaint at least 1/2 the car to get it right (may as well go the whole hog though)

- Not sure if the rear shocks have taken any damage. Need to investigate.

Here are some pics. First one just shows the general level of damage (makes it fairly clear that I was at least halfway past her before she pulled out into me!). Second pic shows the damage inside the door to the quarter panel. Third picture is hard to see ... but all that stuff in the red square is bits of Audi TT that have got wedged inbetween the rim and the tyre (brand new tyre too :sly: )

Guess I just have to sit back now and see what sort of estimate they come up with. Heh heh ... My Mum actually cried when she heard about the damage as she knows how much I love that car :cry:

Fingers crossed. Cheers, J

damage1.JPG

damage2.JPG

damage3.JPG

New quarter panel will write that car off. Its a huge undertaking and to be fair with the amount of damage you have there is unecessary. That can be proffesionally knocked out and filled and if done right will look better than if you get the quarter done. The door is just a replacement affair which is easy enough. Sourcing a single side skirt and alloy will be your biggest pain.