The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pearlescent Paint Job

DShox

This costs ££££'S

Paint will go from £250 - £900 a litre depending on what type of flip/pearl effect you have.

And depending on how much you want painted i.e whole car you may have to look at 6-10 liters then you have labour on top :-).

I havent had mine done but i went for a quote to get my civic type R resprayed when i had one, and the whole thing with a flip paint (£250 a litre) came to £2800 then you have to add VAT

When it comes to spraying a pearl its a case of extra labour and paint unfortunatly.

This involves, a base (ground coat), which normaly requires around 2 maybe 3 coats depending on what colour it is, and what colour it has to cover. Then, where as you would normal tak that off and clear coat,

Instead, you then have to spray the pearl over the top, normaly 2-3 coats depending on how strong you require the pearl. then clear coating the lot with a few coats. So effectivly it mean painting the car twice, then clear coating!

Hope that helps a bit. anywhere past 3k for same colour is outrgeous really!

Remember costs vairy on how they do the work,

Cheap resprays will mean : mask up the windows lights and tyers roughen the old clear coat then dab a bit of paint on.

Expensive resprays will : take the windows out, take the wheels off, take the hatch off, take the exhaust off mainly all the parts the are on the bodywork, mask everything up they need to, take the old clear coat off compleatly, do damage repair, then spend time spraying the car.

I have seen cheap resprays and expensive resprays and you can tell the diffrence with the quality of the job.

Jesus, £4k for a pearl paint job? You guys really need to bring your cars up here for a paint job. We don't even charge that for house of colour 7 colour flips....

Your website does not seem to be working.

How much would charge for a respray of a front passenger wing and damage repair on the rear passenger side im only talking minor