The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time to do the work

DShox

guys,

need some advice cos I'm plannin' on spending some time out in the cold:

1. how do i take my TRD rear off so I can rip off that horrid fog light

2. is painting calipers as easy as it sounds and decalling em?

3. what colour alloys go with a black car - I can choose the tone when i refurb em

ta much,

D

TRD rear? I though you had the stock rear bumper, no?

If it's the stock rear bumper and the foglight is next to the number plate you may well be able to get at the back of it by taking the number plate off. As you probably know, there's a big hole behind the number plate.

I don't think you'll need to though. The foglight is most likely secured from the front.

If you want to get at the foglight wiring the best way is probably from inside the boot and/or underneath the car. To go in from underneath you'll have to remove the long securing plate thing from under the bumper, by the petrol tank.

thnx for advice chaps!

umm well if i can find the right insurance deal fully comp then i wouldnt have any problems but i cant keep paying 100 per month third party only cos cant really drive it anywhere. i like working on it and just wanna make it look good. if i keep it on autotrader and someone makes an offer well then thats a bonus? ;) someone is checking out one this weekend and will let me know.

o some finishes showed here (thought I shiny cyan tone or a red would look good especially in the dark? or even smoked chrome?):

http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php

black chrome mate!! or smoked chome had mine done in black chrome and did calipers in hammerite gloss black. wasnt sure at first but loved it when ide finished. do brake disks at same time.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/millers-caliper.jpg

tt steve

sorry for posting same pic guys............:innocent: