The mkiv Supra Owners Club

super_supra

hello all i ve just brought a 1995 6speed tt black supra, i dont get it till friday and i am really really excited.

when i get the car i m going to be servicing it my self what wieght of oil sould i be using 10w40:shrug: and how much does it hold? my mate has a mr2 and in that they use a a special coolent is that the same in the supra?

Sorry for the question sure they would of been answered many times befor but i just want the best hor my supra:woot:

Hello and welcome....take it easy out there....

Driving a Supra is like making love to a beautiful woman.

Take it slow and easy at first, learn what she likes and doesnt like, only get more adventurous when you get to know and trust each other more, building up momentum until she wants more and you want to give her more...

If you shag her brains out as soon as you get in, it will be over very fast.;)

A lot of people here use Silklene Pro-S 10w50 or 15w50. Valvolene or Royal purple is also good.

Don't use Mobil 1 (too thin) or generic synthetic oils (its generally crap and will only last a couple of 1k miles)

Make sure you change your fuel filter and ditch the HKS mushroom filter you mentioned in your other thread ;)

Hello and welcome....take it easy out there....

Driving a Supra is like making love to a beautiful woman.

Take it slow and easy at first, learn what she likes and doesnt like, only get more adventurous when you get to know and trust each other more, building up momentum until she wants more and you want to give her more...

If you shag her brains out as soon as you get in, it will be over very fast.;)

Sounds sound advice!!!

Welcome mate, maybe see you at one of the Bubble Inn meets soon:D

i was at the on sunday just gone with a couple of my mates one has a standed red rx7 and the other with a black mr2 turbo.

thanxs for the advise, and the welcomes

I was woundering if its was a bad time of year to be buying a rwd car but never mind:rolleyes:

Thats the best filter to get? been looking at an apexi one that looks nice.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APEXI-DUAL-FUNNEL-INDUCTION-TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80-2JZ-GTE_W0QQitemZ8009525141QQcategoryZ72205QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

been looking at an apexi one that looks nice.

Yeah, its looks nice but won't make much difference to the HKS one (apart from better filtering). A stock one will make the car behave much better as it has two cold air feeds. I haven't looked back since I switch from the Apexi to stock, the car is much better behaved when in traffic and there's no difference when at WOT. Its a bit quieter too

Picked it up to day and i just cant stop :). its great.

Got a problem with the central locking tho. it hasnt got an alarm (ive got one being fitted monday clifford 950) and when using the key to unlock and lock the doors central locking does not work. but if iam sat in the car and press the lock button on the drivers door both doors lock but they dont unlock of the switch dont know if spose to but would of thought so?:help:

Any body any ideas??

i ll post some picks of the car tomorow :cool: