The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Very quick Ruf GT2

Gazboy

To be truely as fast as that you're going to need to invest a good 50k in a Supra.

It would need to be lighter...have a fully built and stroked (circa 15k) engine...probably a T71 turbo....rev limit of 8-8500rpm.

Then there is suspension, brakes, tyres...etc...and the dreaded labour.

So from what i can make out.... thats,0-125mph in 10seconds and 0-200mph in 23.5seconds?

Good going that!!:eek:

considering the Mclaren F1 does 0-200mph in 29 seconds.

The Topsecret skyline R33 (now in this country) managed it in 20seconds i think.

you'd need a very highly tuned supra to keep up with that sort of acceleration, T78? T51r?

Edited to say... i think your car would have to be able to run in the 10's 1/4mile to be able to keep up with the porsche

If people used methanol or similar to allow a Supra to run 30+psi on the road, then I reckon a T67 or so would match that, and anything bigger would beat it. Supras are known for their topend pull.

As for the overall package, as nice as that car is, I am sure it is not perfect. It is using an engine not much larger along with a large FI setup to make that power, its going to have lag too.

Bugatti Veyron does 0-200 quicker than the McLaren does 100-200!!!!!!

[/OffTopic]

People keep saying this but it's really not as big a deal as it is made out to be.

Here goes. The Veyron can hit 100 in say 6 seconds. That means the F1 is now doing 100mph+ 6 seconds of full acceleration. In actuality, the speed difference is now probably down to 40mph. As the Veyron has much more power, it's going to reel in the F1's speed, and as the speeds get bigger, the time taken to accelerate increases - which buys the Veyron even more time to reach a higher speed than the F1.

Most people get the mental image of the F1 flashing past a stationary Veyron at 100mph, at full acceleration, and the Veyron booting it and *overtaking* the F1 before it reaches 200mph - this is completely not the case. The F1 would be miles in front and only when the speed of the Veyron overtook that of the F1 would the Veryon *stop losing ground* to the F1.

Yes it's fast, but it's not fast enough to do that.

-Ian

If people used methanol or similar to allow a Supra to run 30+psi on the road, then I reckon a T67 or so would match that, and anything bigger would beat it. Supras are known for their topend pull.

As for the overall package, as nice as that car is, I am sure it is not perfect. It is using an engine not much larger along with a large FI setup to make that power, its going to have lag too.

Guy was using Optimax btw.

*All the stuff Ian said*

-Ian

Yeah I get that, but still!!! the Macer is about the fastest road car about (still), and now this Veyron basically eats it (except I expect in the handling stakes!!).

The Veyron is the Supra to the McLaren's Exige I suppose, so no big deal that it's much quicker at the top end (still mighty impressive though!).

Keith Cowie is going is going for the 0-300kph record early next year which is held by the veilside skyline at the moment at 13.2 sec!!! keith hopes to do it under 13 secs in his skyline!! now thats fast

Mike

Hope he manages it, that R32 of his is awesome :looney:

Be good to beat the japs at thier own game :innocent:

• 1 month later...
So wot sort of Horsepower would u need to beat a GT2?? Roughly!

Old thread revival or what!

As already explained in this thread it would depend what you mean by "beat". Straight line you'd need a big single, for track/race conditions you'd need a different car to the Supra ;)