The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to Supras, general question...

Guest Fordh8tr4life

Guest Fordh8tr4life

I am new to Supras and i am thinking of getting one to build up. I have really only built domestic hotrods (primarily GM cars). I want to know how much can a stock bottom end handle? How good is a stock twin turbo setup and what kind of power can you get out of it, or is it a waste of time and better to go to a single turbo? How good is the drivetrain (tranny, driveshaft and rearend)? I would like to go with a 6 speed (more fun). And if any of you can maybe post some things about your own cars, like year, mods, power to the wheels, driveability etc. Sorry for being a newb. I learn quick. I've never delt with boost, but any other aspect, i have a good deal of knowledge, so trying to inform my on any othis will not be like talking to a complete idiot:stickpoke . Thanks for any info.

Have you ever built a V8 for the World Street Nationals?

Welcome, I'm sure there will be loads of people coming along later who can answer your questions or point you at the FAQ section and search button.

You may also want to have a look at http://www.supraforums.com

That's a US forum with, IIRC, sub-forums for different parts of the States. Might help you to meet up with other Supra owners for help, meets and jolly japes.

Is the car for drag or road racing? If its drag then Team Titan run a drag supra, and Dusty Womack at MVP Motorsports has a pretty fast supra, Ryan Woon (Wide Open Throttle Motorsport) apparently has the worlds fastest 6 speed supra. If its road racing, then Reg Reimer (in AB, Canada knows his stuff) - hope that helps a little.

So - a Mopar man then huh...