The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Casper, Camber and Tracking all out!

Pig

As it says, my car is with Cambs performance tires at the moment because my 1 month old tires will now not pass an MOT due to loads of wear just on the outside and nope not been thrashing it round corners at all.

Any way the just run me up and said all that lot is out. How bad it that buy a supra and learn to drive it with all those out...no wonder i thought i was learning to be a drift driver! hehe.

Oh well they are fixing the lot for 150 God i thought!

Thought i'd share that with you and see if anyone has had any experience of this?

will i be looking at a nice improvement in the car?

The friendly ghost is out? holy sh*t! :haha:

sorry, couldn't resist.

I think you may've meant the caster.

A good site that explains the different types of tracking (camber, caster, toe-in\out) is http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm

And if they were all well off, you're lucky not to have ditched the car. It'll be a different beast once it's all sorted. :)

You got caught out then :haha:

will let you know how it feels.... cant really test it in this weather so shouldnt this ill notice too much![/Quote]

Yeah, I wouldn't go too mad either.

I'm sure you'll notice the difference if your camber was out enough to do that to your tyres though. Must've understeered like a bast*rd.

I only paid £50odd to KwikFit to have them all checked.

Was that just to check or to adjust aswell? I think I need something similar but not sure if KwikFit can be trusted. Any opinions?

How about taking the info in Alex's reply down there and making them use those settings - worth a go? :shrug:

Looking forward to hearing the results, Jon.

only once did the front wheels let go, and i was asking way too much lol.

TBH i did notice though when i was following another soop (daman C) to a meet he was driving round a corner and i was following but felt like my car was on the edge, did wonder if that was right lol.

The tires have literally be wrecked in 1 or 2 months ( about 1000 only straight thrashing ) So i think it was pretty bad!

150 doesnt seem bad to me, however i did go to the recommended place rather than the cheapest. Always scared of cheapest

Was that just to check or to adjust aswell? I think I need something similar but not sure if KwikFit can be trusted. Any opinions?.

Only a handful of KwikFits have a 4-wheel alignment service. It's automated so they can only set it to Toyota's own settings, not those you provide (if you want to go for Lance's settings for example)

If there is a lot of adjustment needed it could go up to £70odd quid, mine was almost spot-on.

Call me stupid, but having a good look around the stock suspension on mine and there are only very limited alignment adjustments - From what I can make out it's possible to adjust the camber front and back and toe on the fronts.

The lance article recommends caster on the front, as well as toe on the rear - I just replaced the control arm bushings on mine and see no way to alter the rear toe...

Am I being dim?

I let the local Toyota-shop do mine a week ago...

The reason i had it done...was cause, as discussed in another thread recently, i live in Norway...using the car year round...and we do once in a while get REAL icy conditions...and in these conditions...even a tiny weeny slight error CAN quickly send you off the road.... So (in severe conditions) ive noticed the back end of the car was a little more nervous than it should be...so had it laser-aligned now...and VOILA...waddayaknow!....new car! :D