The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've finally bought a Supe!

Conrad

Just been and picked up my new car - a '94 Jspec TT auto. :clap:

Absolutely love it!

It's totally standard apart from skirts, spats, splitter and wheels.

Few questions though, what is the Slip Cont button? The O/D button? The Manu button? and the 2 and L on the auto box?

Also, should I get much turbo lag? sometimes it feels a little sluggish at low rpm. Going BPU anyway so should it be more responsive at low rpm with that?

I've got leather too so thought it was a GZ but when I rang insurance and gave reg they said it was an RZ. How can I tell which it is?

Some pics below...

54_12_sb.jpgfc_12_b.jpgSupra 001.jpgSupra 002.jpgSupra 003.jpgSupra 004.jpg

Congratulations Alex, that looks a very clean genuine car from the photos :thumbs:

The Slip Cont button turns off the stock traction control, which quite frankly can be dangerous when turned on, I'd definitely recommend using that button and fitting Racelogic Traction Control instead.

Removing the cats, adding a free flowing exhaust and raising the boost will make the car a lot more responsive and help the turbos spool a little quicker.

Take it easy until you've got used to the car, especially at this time of the year :ok:

That looks very nice indeed!

The plate is familair, did you buy it from a club member?

Regarding the RZ/GZ question, your model type on the VIN will have a set of characters like this: ALFQZ. The 2nd to last one determines the model. Q means RZ, Z means GZ

The Slip Cont button turns off the stock traction control, which quite frankly can be dangerous when turned on, I'd definitely recommend using that button and fitting Racelogic Traction Control instead.QUOTE]

Sorry Nic, probably being a bit dumb but am I turning the slip cont on or off?

cant say I agree about turning off the stock traction control, in a car with over 300bhp it will catch you out in the wet and on cold tyres. It can be annoying when it cuts in as you pull out of a junction bit its better that than the thing flinging you off the road. Its far from perfect but its better than nothing when you havent used a high power car in poor conditions before.

Some have said its cut the power just when they needed it to get the car back under control, if you get the car to that point then theres a fair chance it isnt coming back under control.

In the wet I still drive like an old woman even with Racelogic.

JB

Looks very nice mate. Did you keep the plate?? And what's it surpose to read??

No mate, I've gotta take the plate off. The previous owner has kept it. No idea what it's supposed to read. His name was nothing like that.

Gonna get me a cheapy Irish plate anyway to cover it's age. There's some for £69 that read like JJZ 7383 - think I'll get one of them. To people who don't know any different the Supra still looks a very modern car!:woot:

• 3 weeks later...
Nice. Look forward to seeing you round Wolvo in it :)

Where abouts in Wolvo you live mate? I'm Wednesfield way.....

EDIT: You don't drink in the Linthouse do you? Seen a red Sup there and one by the Conservative Club near the police station in Wednesfield.

Yeah, I've parked up a few times round Wednesfield by there in the Supe. Should be down wednesfield 2moro night too :)

Must be you then, do you drink in The Linthouse Pub though? cus I do all the time! Probably tonight too. :clap:

Flat4 Ire, I wouldn't worry about the abuse mate.

I saw you post on an old thread that you really didn't want an auto - why not out of interest? The reason I ask is cus my mate who's now on his third scooby literally begged me not to get an auto.

''I hate the way they sound'' he'd say or ''you can't drive em properly''.

When I finally got mine a few weeks back he had a go after we fetched it. He absolutely loved it and said he wouldn't care if he had TT auto - said he was worrying about nothing and loved the way it drove!

Worth a thought mate if you haven't test drove one yet....