The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Soop withdrawn from sale

DShox

Peeps,

I've decided to withdraw my 98 VVTi TT Grade 4 Tip from sale here. Autotrader is coming up trumps and see that for a car of this spec, it is offering fantastic value at 12.8k. The general public are seeing this and I'm receiving calls for this weekend. :yu:

Those who have made enquiries are still welcome to make offers, as is anyone else for that matter. I'm not givin' the Soop away as I'm in no rush to sell. :thumbs:

Cheers,

D

too many surfers wanting something for nothing...advertise on auto to get the right money. dont let the deliberate attempts by the proverbial harbinger of doom tell you that the market is awful and we're all desperate - its quite deliberate. good examples will attract the right people.

Never had any joy with overpriced autotrader. Bought mine on here, sold it on here.

All the best mate, but last time I used Autotrader, all I got was sh*t loads of calls from companies wanting to sell my car for me ! And when I buy my next Supra, it won't be from autotrader - it'll be from an enthusiasts forum, just like this one ;)

Peeps,

I've decided to withdraw my 98 VVTi TT Grade 4 Tip from sale here. Autotrader is coming up trumps and see that for a car of this spec, it is offering fantastic value at 12.8k. The general public are seeing this and I'm receiving calls for this weekend. :yu:

Those who have made enquiries are still welcome to make offers, as is anyone else for that matter. I'm not givin' the Soop away as I'm in no rush to sell. :thumbs:

Cheers,

D

£12.8K for a '98 VVTI TT and you say you're not giving it away! Jesus I've lost all track of Supra prices. Is it high mileage or damaged or something?

If it's in good nic, I would have thought it were a bargain. Like I say I must be well out of touch of prices. Mine must be worth about £50 being a '93 JDM GZ

i thought it sold through ebay. ebay is not the place for a supra. everyone wants a bargain there. ive seen a sz make more than tt.

on a more serious note, if you had removed your neons, that gear stick, you would have the phone ringing off the hook!!!

a 98 for that money, whats the world coming to.

that is a mint car anyway, bonsaicars, ay

yep it was cheaper on here and i got some enquiries and they are still active as far as i know (some cars getting sold to fund mine). but autotrader threw up 3 calls in 1.5 weeks with one person looking especially keen.

locky - you reckon the interior is worrying people? - are aftermarket jobbies like momos scaring people off. point taken about neons - arent they harmless?

mileage is quite low at

D

PS gotta hit road to Birmingham and her clean her up for Sunday. pick up with ya soon!

D.

like locky said... however dont know wether it would give you tons of calls after changing but in my oppinion.

1) that gear knob, yuk, looks terrible stuck ontop of that skinny little stick, i would change that back to original.

2) the handbrake is ok, but woulda been nicer if it was red to match the seats. vice versa, blue seats instead.

3) remove the neons and floor matt, although they novalty things, they are alittle childish, and not to everyones taste.

personally i like that matt looks cool :p but i would at least hide the neons under the dash above the pedals.

otherwise very nice car.

thanks for the tips. im gonna strip out all the gubbins today and just standardise the interior - people can add their own touches i guess!

I think that is the way, its like when you sell a house they say to make it a blank canvass so people can add their own personality to it, its the same for cars.

Strip the novelty bits ;)

Your GTR sold for a pittance of what it was worth though man :( :thumbdown

Can't even import them for what you let it go at I heard :)

It did, and even so it didn't sell through the forums even though everyone knew it was a steal, was Autotrader that shifted it!

And yep, you'd be right in what you heard :(

Still, its gone now and I'm luvin the SX and the bike thats replaced it!!! :D

I'm new here and looking for an auto facelift supra TT. I would much prefer to buy off an established forum member than autotrader. I vote you should keep your car listed on here - after all people who've just joined (like me:eyebrows:) won't have had a chance to see it. Have you got a link to the ad?

o prolly my hormones gettin' to me that made me withdraw it :haha:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&min_pr=12000&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=ub8+1xp&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Its the black tiptronic on at 12.8k. There is a chap en route from Devon as we speak - trouble is, I think I've left my file with MoT and other certs in my work home at Uxbridge :cry: The car is located off M6 J7 (Bham). PM me if you're interested for a member deal.

Thanks,

D

PS. I'm a bloke by the way.

I'm new here and looking for an auto facelift supra TT. I would much prefer to buy off an established forum member than autotrader. I vote you should keep your car listed on here - after all people who've just joined (like me:eyebrows:) won't have had a chance to see it. Have you got a link to the ad?

I'm not being funny here but what exactly is stopping you from PM'ing the bloke and asking him for further information and arranging to view the car? Also is there a reason why you couldn't for instance look at autotrader and phone him up like anyone else would??? Again I'm not trying to be an arse but it does seem to me that sometimes folks like to make life difficult for themselves lol.

i sold a rz tt 95 in silver last week for nearly 12k first viewer, the problem is if u think its worth stick to your guns i was gonna keep that supra as it stood me a lot of money but the guy seen it and bought as it was mint.

the right car will go for the right money, like for instance cjs car even tough is auto and 94 model 20k + is the right price but he needs the right person to appreciate this.

if db holds onto his aerotop till march he will get more money am pretty sure of it.

its wether u need the quick sale, 80% of people will wait for the right car to come up and am sure dsxoh, cj, and db car will sell for their price if they are in top notch condition to the right buyer,.

yupski - getting ppl in to see it is half the job i think. my chappy will be here shortly. i took out the lardy seat covers and put the passenger side neons in the footwell. i'll shift the 'in yer face' ones from the drivers side if he wants me to.

i dont intend to give much off this one cos i'd rather keep it. i would if i could find a quote for less than £1500 fully comp. :complain: