The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a good price??

Supradan

http://stock.autorespond.co.uk/bristolimportcentre_sport.aspx?sPageNo=8

The rz (k) plate £8995

Have only just got my sz but have now come into some more money and ....well want one! want one! want one! is that a good enough excuse!!

The ariel looks like it could be jambed, there are wires hanging from the OS/foot well. The steering wheel looks quite worn. Check the peddle rubbers to see if they look consistant with the mileage. If you get to be alone in the car gently pull the gear stick surround from the rear. If you have not done it already do it on your own car so you know where the clips are located. Check to see if the cross head screws that hold the dash panels in look like they have been in and out like a yoyo. It makes more money to stip mods and sell a stock car and mods over here so I guess the same is true in Japan.

I`ve been to the dealer in Bristol (5 miles from me) and I found the cars to be a bit tatty, I think that one was the one I looked at back in August and if it is the wheels were kerbed badly. I bought yesterday an M (1995) TT Aerotop with 75,000 miles (first 18,000 were km) in white from a private seller (Autotrader) who has only had 1 visitor who dropped the price to £6,500. When I join the club I`ll post some pictures. No Supra of this age I`ve seen is mark free but I`m happy. The rear hatch is rattly ( I think its the usual rubbers), the front pads squeal, it had Jap and some UK history and was sold in 1999 for £20,000. Its standard apart from the alloys which I liked and is so quiet on tickover you wouldn`t know the engine was running. I took a workmate for a straight line blast today and he almost s**t himself, he couldn`t believe the performance its got. The seller MOT`d it and it sailed through, the price of these cars has dropped a lot since I`ve been looking and if I were you I`d strongly consider the club members cars first rather than a dealer, a few people here may be expecting too much for their cars but at least they`ve been cared for properly. I`ll repeat the price for my Twin Turbo Aerotop again it was only £6,500 an absolute bargain !

Aerotop is quite rare especially in TT, hope you sell soon. 20 mpg makes no sense at all so why am I smiling after driving the beast. Yep its like a drug addiction, Supra is bad for our health (and wealth) go out and buy a Diesel TDi Peugeot/Renault/VW etc and be f*****g boring !

:respekt:

You got that one for £6.5k? Bloomin heck thats amazing. I cannot beleive that anyone would let a car like that go for that sort of cash, what an eejit lol. A stock TT auto hardtop will cost that and more. FFS even N/A's go for more than that. You got yourself a massive bargain with that car so for the record I definitely am not going to be able to compete with that kind of price.