The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glass headlights - can anyone beat Mr T?

Animal

I need to replace my J-spec cloudy lumps of plastic with something that'll actually emit light 'cos these dark evenings are becoming a nightmare. High beam's okay, but main beams are barely visible and if owt comes the other way it's like I've no lights at all and I've to slow right down.

I knew they were a bit pricey, but bloody hell - the local Toyota dealer quoted about 210 quid EACH! Now I know why everyone tries to refurb their J-spec lights...

I will be getting a HID kit from Nic at the end of the month, will these make enough of a difference in my J-spec lights (they are really cloudy) and let me get Xmas out of the way before buying the glass ones?

So...is there anyone here (other than Nic - he's already said he can't get them much cheaper) who can get a set for less, or am I gonna have to bite the bullet & pay Mr T?

thanks in advance

Animal

I may be ordering a few sets of UK Glass Headlights for some of the Aus guys, so I've negotiated a good price for a group purchase. If you want, I can get you a set also, should work out considerably cheaper than the price you've been quoted.

PM me if you want details.

Call inchcape Toyota in Kidlington. 01865-291333 (That's direct line to the parts dept). Ask for a Steve Manley. And tell him about the BBS and Colin Jones (CJ) off this BBS.

Colin (CJ) has setup a good repartee with Steve .. and can get good discount. They will deliver the goods to you .. as well.

Here's the full link http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41383&highlight=steve+manley

Call inchcape Toyota in Kidlington. 01865-291333 (That's direct line to the parts dept). Ask for a Steve Manley. And tell him about the BBS and Colin Jones (CJ) off this BBS.

Colin (CJ) has setup a good repartee with Steve .. and can get good discount. They will deliver the goods to you .. as well.

Here's the full link http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41383&highlight=steve+manley

He's the guy to speak to alright - best UK price i'm assured!

Guest Rays the roof
For sure ... I just hope he keeps working there. Would be a bitch if joined some Tonker Toy car company like Ford! :whistle:

We could not let this happen and I would be the first to sign the petition and decide what incentive our club would offer for him to stay!!

Maybe a visit from the boyz!!

:eyebrows:

We could not let this happen and I would be the first to sign the petition and decide what incentive our club would offer for him to stay!!

Maybe a visit from the boyz!!

:eyebrows:

Don't panic, there's three guys that work there. Steve, and his boss Adrian are well sorted. I don't know the third guy's name, he's OK, but I find just not as approachable. Either way, all three of them give us excellent service. I've been using them for 7 years now, and they've never let me down. :thumbs: