The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got to get one of these:-

TLicense

Right they ship with changeble faces ect ect ..But am i correct in thinking they connect up to the serial port on the AEM and you have to switch between them when conecting up the laptop. Info is a bit sketchy.

Not sure. I'll take a perusal on the AEM site and see what's doing.

Not sure. I'll take a perusal on the AEM site and see what's doing.

No need mailed them and got this back.

The Serial displays plug into the serial port and can be piggy-backed if you want to have multiple displays. You will still have the use of a laptop through the piggy-backed displays... We have a large order of the Serial Gauges with AEM and are expecting them to arrive the first part of December.

Nice to know no lead swaping :ok: :cool:

Guest HorsepowerFreak

Hey gang,

The AEM serial gauges are fantastic. They have a lot of features that will not only save your motor, but will allow you to view nearly every parameter in your EMS. They can be piggy backed as mentioned above. They, however, cannot be active while you have a PC connected to the EMS due to the nature of the serial input. This really doesn't present a problem in most cases as the internal datalogging on the EMS is much faster than the laptop datalogging, so it is often beneficial to simply upload your datalogs after the event. And once the tune is completed there's not as much need to have the laptop on in the car. The gauges are there to allow you to view parameters when you are not able to view them in the laptop.

If you have any other questions about these, feel free to ask. I am on the AEM consortium advisory panel, and helped the engineers fine tune their efforts during the development of this product. So I'm pretty familiar with what it can and can't do. I also think this product is so amazing that I ordered 100 of them so we hopefully won't run out during the rush.

Take care,

Chris.

Chris Bergemann

HorsepowerFreaks

If you have any other questions about these, feel free to ask. I am on the AEM consortium advisory panel, and helped the engineers fine tune their efforts during the development of this product. So I'm pretty familiar with what it can and can't do..

Well apart from the lap-top thing, then hell, what's to ask? As long as there's minimal setting up and faffing to do it looks the doggies danglies!

Oh OK I've managed to think of a couple of things...

Perhaps you could run through a brief description of the set-up procedure??

Also will it require it's own power supply or will it run completely from the serial lead?

How programmable are the audio alarms?

Ummm can't think of anything else... anyone???

Well apart from the lap-top thing, then hell, what's to ask? As long as there's minimal setting up and faffing to do it looks the doggies danglies!

Also will it require it's own power supply or will it run completely from the serial lead?

Think you have covered it there chief. Oh i have one . Say you have 3 of them ,is there a lableling system so we know which one is which when driving ? say all 3 are set to tempepatures. How do we tell them appart when hamering down the road if they all just have 63 degrees displayed for example on them? OK OK they can display more than one thing ..but if left static bunging little labels on them looks tacky.

Guest HorsepowerFreak
Think you have covered it there chief. Oh i have one . Say you have 3 of them ,is there a lableling system so we know which one is which when driving ? say all 3 are set to tempepatures. How do we tell them appart when hamering down the road if they all just have 63 degrees displayed for example on them? OK OK they can display more than one thing ..but if left static bunging little labels on them looks tacky.

You'll be able to define the master display for each gauge, as well as a 3 character code for the field (if it's an optional input in the AEM). So, if you're looking at Boost, the center of the gauge will let you know it's on boost by showing PSI. You'll be able to assign multiple parameters to each gauge as well, so you could use one gauge and flip back and forth between parameters. You can also set up warnings on the parameters that the gauge is monitoring, such that if the parameter that isn't currently displaying triggers a warning, it will come to the fore-front and flash. The center digital readout will also display the numerical value which will also help you differentiate between the parms.

Chris.

Guest HorsepowerFreak

The setup will be very simple. No installing sensors in the engine bay. A simple serial plug into the AEM is all that is required. The setup is very straightforward but allows you to go deep into the details if you'd like. You can simply choose the parameter you'd like to monitor, or you can dig deeper into the details and change the scale, colors, warnings, audio, etc. The alarms are awesome. You can use multiple parameters to trigger the warning, for example, boost > 15psi AND A:F > 12.5:1 = trigger warning. It is all graphical in a windows environment, so it is very easy to understand.

Chris.