The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour rims for a black supe?

GazzaGSi

For the last couple of weeks I have been looking at numerous sets of wheels for my car and just cant decide on what colour to go for. Could people who have black supes post their pics with wha colour wheels they have so I can get an idea of how a style I like would look on mine? (or people who have black supe pics on their pc).

I reckon Im probably going to be going for a 5 or 6 spoke but have also seen some nice multispokes.

I just dont want to rush into it and end upo 3 weeks down the line regretting it and wishing i'd bought a different colour/set.

The colours I am looking at are:

Bronze

Gunmetal

White

Silver with chrome lip

Thanks, hope you lot can help.

:clap:

Most important thing for me personally, would be to get a good quality, light weight wheel, which has good brake clearance and correct fit for the Supra.

I like dark non flashy race style wheels, but everybody has their own tastes, go with the finish YOU prefer and I'm sure you'll love them once they are fitted :thumbs:

Have a look through the club garage too, you should find a lot of photos of black Supras in there.

Personally I think chrome works well with black (and I don't even like chrome wheels normally!), without any painted bits at all - especially if they have a deep rim :) Just like I loved my old white MOs on the Red Lancia, some combinations seem to work really well - but I may be biased lol :)

supe_1.jpg

In an ideal world I'd have the black Racing Hart C4-R...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=51484&

...in reality I settled for the Lexus diamond polished examples....

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/misc/supra-bonnetup.jpg

To be honest I've yet to see a black Supra with a bad wheel colour, it tends to suit all kinds, gold, white, colours... depends what you like really :)

These were my chrome wheels, The only set in the UK AFAIK. good offset and better brake clearance than stock 17" . These are 18" deep dish. With kerb rash.

Envy are now UK distibutor for AME wheels. Mine are the older style Modelart. They are a quality wheels I particulary like the flush metal cap that hids the nuts and hub.

See this thread for the latest designs http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=42597

AME MA 18 DD.JPG