The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Iam new in ere too

Guest sixtyniner

Guest sixtyniner
welcome to the forum.this is the place to hang out,if you have any questions of any kind regarding anything from supras to world peace,you will find the answer here.to add pics use the paper clip icon in the "post reply" section.:read:

Thanks for the warm welcome its only been 10 min's since av registered but i doo have a question!

I have triple plate clutch fitted its horrible to drive is there any techniques or any adjustments that i can make? I have considered replacing for a standard but i have been told triple plate clutch is worth over £1000. Dunno what to do?:shrug:

:welcome: mate to the club!

So what mods has the car got? As Trev said, unless you're running hoooge power figures, then the HKS triple is overkill and will make teh car very difficult to drive on a daily basis. It can not be adjusted so your best bet woudl be to replace it and sell the HKS one on here or ebay.

Guest KARacing

:welcome: to the club.

The HKS triple plate is a good kit but it is very hard to drive in traffic. You will have to drive it often (practice) and get used to it. Also, you can get HKS Clutch Slave Cylinder Push Rod and install it. It is designed specifically for HKS GD series clutch kits, these specially designed slave cylinder push rods increase range of clutch travel for enhanced pedal modulation and engagement. If you have any question about this clutch. Feel free to email me. Cheers :)

Guest sixtyniner
:welcome: mate to the club!

So what mods has the car got? As Trev said, unless you're running hoooge power figures, then the HKS triple is overkill and will make teh car very difficult to drive on a daily basis. It can not be adjusted so your best bet woudl be to replace it and sell the HKS one on here or ebay.

This is a weird 1, i havnt had the car checked out for power figures but it feels little faster than a normal TT in that case WHY would the dude in japan put a triple plate clutch on? I have had 650bhp+ supra before and that only had a minor upgraded clutch!!!

I have had quotes of over £700 pounds to have a standard clutch + flywheel supplied & fitted!! iam quite reluctant to spend that because to me its like taking a step backwards.

How much do you think i would get for the a used HKS triple plate clutch + flywheel? I have been told that it was kinda impossible to burn a triple plate!

av got a picture of the engine bay am sure theres no mod's or a huuuge T88 single turbo sneaking around in there so whats with the clutch??:werd:

TY23053-7.jpg

Guest KARacing

sixtyniner,

You have a stock turbo with HKS induction kit. For used HKS Triple Clutch Kit in market. it worth from $600 to $1000 in USA, I think It will be the same in UK

Guest KARacing
i have a TT 6 with 2nd decat, and hks fcon V, but mine has an 'uprated' HKS(?) clutch

i dont think it is a triple plate. but it isnt stock.

sometimes the japanese like to change things in a peculiar order!

Maybe Twin?