The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TVR Supra

DShox

but they fall apart. looking at the 1998 Cerberas coming in at just shy of 17k - goes to show that the Supra offers a hell of alot of motor for the money! ;)

i aint knockin' mine down anymore. autotrader is turning up v promising results one you hit the right price range. :idea:

Yep that works :)

I'm a huge fan of the Tuscan, but it looks like they've gotten rid of the holes from the front of the bonnet on the Tuscan 2.

A customer of mine has one and it's truly remarkable in the flesh. Even his had things that weren't straight on it though like the consealed door-handle. The cockpit was gobsmacking, and the throttle response was a bit special too.

having said that my old man has never had any probs with the griff just cant wait to either get a TT or slap a Single on my NA and finaly watch him shrink in the distance

It's a nice dream, I'm sure :)

But owning a fairly standard TT and a Griff, I know which one my money would be on.

Sure, a Supra (TT) with a large single turbo setup would beat a Griff in the 1/4 mile and a standard TT would eventually just beat it top end. But for out and out brute force acceleration from a standstill, the Griff has got it licked, and some.

Get your old man to let you have a go in it, if its a good one, it'll probably be the fastest production car (stupid things like Ferraris etc excepted) that you'll ever drive

It's a nice dream, I'm sure :)

But owning a fairly standard TT and a Griff, I know which one my money would be on.

Sure, a Supra (TT) with a large single turbo setup would beat a Griff in the 1/4 mile and a standard TT would eventually just beat it top end. But for out and out brute force acceleration from a standstill, the Griff has got it licked, and some.

Get your old man to let you have a go in it, if its a good one, it'll probably be the fastest production car (stupid things like Ferraris etc excepted) that you'll ever drive

Goeff- I raced Hughsie2 at Vmax, from 100-150 there is nothing in it, iirc his Chim500 hit 156mph vs my 153mph.

I can't see this Supra on the auto trader link????

Goeff- I raced Hughsie2 at Vmax, from 100-150 there is nothing in it, iirc his Chim500 hit 156mph vs my 153mph.

I'm surprised, I'd have thought that the Supra would have beaten it at the top end, maybe you just didn't have enough room.

Gazboy, is you're Supra standard or modded? Manual or auto?

I know from a standstill my Griff feels quite a bit quicker than my VVT-i Supra, but the Supra is auto, and the Griff an N/A, so it's hardly too surprising :D

I've often thought about running the 2 side by side, to get the definitive answer, not that I'm that worried, they're both great cars and complement each other well.

DShox

The only reason TVRs are so quick is because they've got a great big engine and a light body. There's virtually no modern technology involved, no traction control, no ABS, it's all just brute force.

That's why I love them so much :D

If you want a good handling, refined, reliable sports car, I suppose you'd go for a BMW or Porsche or Ferrari/Lambo exotica.

If you want a loud, fast (in a straight line ;) ) seat of your pants car, that'll happily spin the rear wheels in the dry whilst moving, in 1st or 2nd gear when you bury the throttle, then a TVR's the one to go for.

Then of course, there's the sound :notworthy

I'm surprised, I'd have thought that the Supra would have beaten it at the top end, maybe you just didn't have enough room.

Gazboy, is you're Supra standard or modded? Manual or auto?

I know from a standstill my Griff feels quite a bit quicker than my VVT-i Supra, but the Supra is auto, and the Griff an N/A, so it's hardly too surprising :D

I've often thought about running the 2 side by side, to get the definitive answer, not that I'm that worried, they're both great cars and complement each other well.

Off the line he creamed me (got a stock JDM auto with export spec brakes), it wasn't until we got to the high speed stuff the extra power of the Supra overcame the light weigh advantage of the Chimaera.

I'll happily donate my services to run your VVTi side by side with your Griff!

Are you going to Vmax btw?

Off the line he creamed me (got a stock JDM auto with export spec brakes), it wasn't until we got to the high speed stuff the extra power of the Supra overcame the light weigh advantage of the Chimaera.

That's really what I'd expect to happen. It certainly feels that way by the seat of the pants dyno :)

I'll happily donate my services to run your VVTi side by side with your Griff!

Are you going to Vmax btw?

Not going this time, I hope to make one next year.