The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spending some cash on me sup, need your help!

SteamAhead

Ok, hope you can help me out. :eyebrows:

I’ve got about £700/£800 to put towards my supra & need you experts to spend it :looney:

At the moment it’s a standard 1997 facelift N/A.

Just had full service and MOT done, all goodish.

Only thing wrong is the exhaust needs changing (got couple of small holes and rattles)

With new exhaust (which you guys could recommend :innocent: ) would like to go decat with it.

What I want out of my money is little more power and better sound.

I live in Maldon, Essex so any info on places I can take my car for face to face help would be great.

I know most of the wedge will go on new exhaust, but sure there will be enough left to do couple of other bits? will there? :)

Over to you guys…………….

Oh! heres a couple :Pics:

http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/2039/sideclose6vt.th.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8523/img02921yw.th.jpg

mmmmm decat or not, sounds like I need to meet up with another N/A thats been decatted to hear how loud.

Dazsir, think your right on the blitz NUR-spec, read good reports on this on other bits of the forum.

Still, anyone know of any LOCAL garages I can pop to this saturday?? just like to meet people in person on what to do with the sup.

I've done so much reading on the supra forum my eyes and brain hurt :(

Nic - got couple places to go to this weekend, if no joy will get back to you on them prices, cheers mr :)

Been speaking to a couple of people about Nitros, think that would have to be a later date and more research. Just like to do my home work first on things like that.

But.....while the question has been raised.....anyone running Nitros on there N/A? Anyone local to me?

rays the roof, uses nitrous on his car.

I would like to go nitrous, but for a quick fix a 6-2-1 header would be better as it will provide you with a little more torque (what pushes you) and more claimed power* *claimed, unless you get dyno'd!

I paid approx £300 for my S/S header and I will be getting rid of it shortly.

The fit was perfect, apart from some bangingabout to get it past the steering column. Sounds superb and the car revs a lot quicker now, seems to have picked up some what!

Have a look in my garage to see the header, Mr S.

Nic - got couple places to go to this weekend, if no joy will get back to you on them prices, cheers mr :)

Been speaking to a couple of people about Nitros, think that would have to be a later date and more research. Just like to do my home work first on things like that.

But.....while the question has been raised.....anyone running Nitros on there N/A? Anyone local to me?

Dont bother mate you will seriously put strain on your engine, Stick with your de-cat and exhaust system.....maybe some cams, uprated pistons etc etc at a later date

I was going to say, get a lip, that black bit really doesn't suit such a clean car.

No worries on the black lip, sprayed it white couple of months ago "pics from last year" looks MUCH better now :)

Just surfing the net at the mo for local garages I could visit today.

Anyone know or recommend any good modding garages in Essex area (around chelmsford / Colchester ect...would be good)?

Regards,

jim